atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DND ON Kudos to AT&T - 08/30/11 07:10 PM
After reading a couple of horror stories about Verizon’s response to Hurricane Irene, I’d thought that I would say something nice about AT&T.

I had several sites with POTS lines down, and AT&T repair immediately forwarded the calls off-site. No big deal, they do it every day.

I had five offices with PRI and no CLAR. Despite being warned, the managers said no. With power (and phones) out, and an estimate of 5 days for restoration, management changed their minds.

A couple of phone calls and emails later, I had my CLAR in about an hour. Yep, one hour.

Still not real happy about them screwing up the last couple of orders for POTS lines, but I have to say that AT&T really came through this time.
Posted By: anthonyh Re: Kudos to AT&T - 08/30/11 07:38 PM
....all I can say is we are working like crazy trying to do what we can to keep things running, nice to hear its appricated.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Kudos to AT&T - 08/30/11 07:43 PM
That's great to hear. The folks who are behind the scenes (who actually do the work) rarely get the recognition that they deserve. The front-end jockeys hardly let anything through to even get a shot at getting fixed.

I do have to ask though: What in the heck is "CLAR"? I've never heard of that acronym before.
Posted By: DND ON Re: Kudos to AT&T - 08/30/11 08:13 PM
Customer Location Alternate Routing.

It allows you to reroute your calls, either manually or by time of day / day of week. Since KN1 or RS1 numbers can’t easily be forwarded, CLAR is a great solution for disaster routing, but I know of sites that use it on a daily basis.

Dial in from any phone, enter your PIN and follow the DTMF prompts – your calls are forwarded to a pre-determined number. Very useful for power failures, circuit outages or when the PBX goes belly up.
Posted By: anthonyh Re: Kudos to AT&T - 08/30/11 08:21 PM
Ed its also knows as AERS, automatic emergency route selection
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Kudos to AT&T - 08/30/11 09:40 PM
In AT&T LEC land (not Legacy T...more like Legacy S), is this the same as Enhanced Alternate Routing, or do they have another feature specific to Emergency Routing?

Justin
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: Kudos to AT&T - 08/30/11 09:49 PM
CLAR is also German for "clear". I'm also surprised and happy that AT&T can still pull a rainbow out.
Posted By: DND ON Re: Kudos to AT&T - 08/31/11 05:37 AM
Here's a quick blurb about AERS, aka CLAR:

https://www.ct.gov/doit/lib/doit/purchase/telecom/ps_att_local_pri_aers_web.pdf
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help