atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TeletypeJoe Telephone display, continued - 10/06/11 12:37 PM
Hi yet again,

Another question for the collective consciousness of the forum...

When I display my phones, I am concerned with fading. I hand sand and polish my phones to a like new luster, and do not want the ambient light to cause UV fading. What sort of lighting should I use in my phone display area to prevent this? Flourescent is completely out, whether or not it is old school tubes or those damnable screw in CFL nightmares. Incandescent also causes some fading, but not as much.

Any ideas? When I was a kid, hard core model railroaders used Neon light tubes to light their display to prevent fading. I really do not want that much HV floating around, but if it is the best thing, that is what I will use.

Please advise...

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Joe
Posted By: skip555 Re: Telephone display, continued - 10/06/11 03:33 PM
leave them in a dark room and give your visitors night vision goggles wink
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Telephone display, continued - 10/06/11 04:53 PM
Candles, propane lanterns. LEDs, those new bluish car headlights. That's it....that's all I have. I like the idea about the night vision goggles. You can name the exhibit "Silence of the Lamps" :thumb:
Posted By: dexman Re: Telephone display, continued - 10/06/11 07:22 PM
Won't extremes in temperature & humidity also cause problems for some colors :confused:
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: Telephone display, continued - 10/06/11 09:11 PM
LED rope.
Posted By: Wellco Re: Telephone display, continued - 10/07/11 05:10 AM
Joe..
Another thing you might want to consider is a UV protectant...I use it on some of my things and it really helps...I use "303" Check this out if you want does the job www.303products.com

...bob...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help