atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bluzman Cable Locators - 11/30/11 06:49 AM
Greetings All, I'm seeking some advice on cable locators. We currently are using a Super Cable Hound locator. We have had some locates that were a little less than accurate and don't like the way you get your depth. To make a long story longer, we are seeking something a little better than what we have. Thanks!!
Posted By: Tom N Re: Cable Locators - 11/30/11 07:54 AM
We recently upgraded our locator to the new Dynatel 2573 ID/U12 This is an awesome locator. It will locate Cable, Pipes, Faults, Markers and will write to markers as well.

https://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal...0SP65JH0glGNS8WXTD90bl&soloMode=true
Posted By: ffej010 Re: Cable Locators - 11/30/11 05:52 PM
We have used both the 3M Dynatel 2210 and 2273 locators for years. Love them. They are very accurate and take a beating. I do not think they make the 2210 any more, but anything Dynatel is a good locator.

We also have a Ditch Witch locator......also seems to perform well, but I prefer the Dyanatel.
Posted By: TheRealAndyCook Re: Cable Locators - 11/30/11 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Tom N:
We recently upgraded our locator to the new Dynatel 2573 ID/U12 This is an awesome locator. It will locate Cable, Pipes, Faults, Markers and will write to markers as well.

https://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal...0SP65JH0glGNS8WXTD90bl&soloMode=true
I believe that's the same one I have in my truck smile
Posted By: surdel Re: Cable Locators - 02/19/12 10:14 AM
I remember doing cable upgrades at a chain mall in the Vancouver region. One of the problems we had to deal with was tracing back wire in the conduit back to switch from various display stands in concrete. It was a old token ring setup and we had to use the old token ring conduit to run a start cat5 ethernet setup. Can you imagine the headaches how this would be accomplished? I was very good at going into the parking lot, sitting on a ladder, then using a two way FMS radio to call to my partner on the first floor to do mini tugs on the existing cable, and see which junction box it was located in. Better yet, My ladder was parked right in the middle of traffic flow in the garage. A little adrenalin to see how close a moving car gets to my ladder before I jump smile

Finding a way to trace the conduit pipe in concrete would have really cut down on the tracing of the junction boxes.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help