atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: teleco VOIP - 02/16/04 04:07 PM
Has anyone set up a multi site office using IP technology?
Posted By: SSPhone Re: VOIP - 02/16/04 04:09 PM
Very soon total IP
Converged network / Voice over Frame (T1) Yes.
Posted By: DARCOMdan Re: VOIP - 02/16/04 06:21 PM
yep. what you looking to find out? just remember this one thing. VoIP is only as good as your network, period. Done local VoIP in a city, done in across the country and did a link to Eurupe. Next one will be across to China connecting several US sites and one in Canada.
Posted By: JOHNYREB Re: VOIP - 02/16/04 06:31 PM
I'm showing my ignorance on the subject, but DARCOMdan's post brought a question to mind. If I'm not mistaken, internet traffic is filtered/monitored in China. Would that have any ramifications doing VOIP to/from that region?

[This message has been edited by JOHNYREB (edited February 16, 2004).]
Posted By: DARCOMdan Re: VOIP - 02/16/04 06:31 PM
VoF has been around for a while and that has been a driving factor for VoIP enthusiasts, to get away from that because of the ridiculous costs involved. On a small site SDSL or cable can be your connection. You need a decent sized frame circuit to carry VoF and even with the redcution in costs of frame relay over the past 2 years it is still ridiculously over priced to anyone with less than 5-10 locations.
Also, though we have ability for total VoIP within an organization, you will always have to have landlines for 911 purposes and you still have your incoming lines that will terminate on via PRI/T1 and so on to a main office.
Posted By: DARCOMdan Re: VOIP - 02/16/04 06:34 PM
I know johnyreb. engineers are working on that one now. i wanted to leave it the way it was but since the company is partially government owned i think there will be some progress made. i'll keep you updated as it moves forward. we are expected to have service online in US in 6 months and the canada link in 9 and hopefully the hong kong link in 12-14.
Posted By: DrPbx Re: VOIP - 02/16/04 10:09 PM
I use NEC equipment & have various VoIP solutions in place, from IP trunking to IP phones.
Posted By: teleco Re: VOIP - 02/17/04 04:55 AM
Being of the belief that today, anything is possible,How can I make this work? 1st question. Customer needs to establish an 1 person office in SF Cal. Corp.is in Syr Ny. Corp wants SF to be a part of the 9 person Syr call center agent group. Data vpn is established Syr has T1, SF cable.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: VOIP - 02/17/04 05:05 AM
What type of system are you working with?
And can a SLT long in to the ACD on this system. I ask this because Telrad has a 2 port Gateway and 2 line VoIP phone. I am using one of these now across my LAN. They will work with any system suppling a analog connection (SLT Port) but the ring generation has to be atleast 80-105v.

[This message has been edited by SSPhone (edited February 17, 2004).]
Posted By: DARCOMdan Re: VOIP - 02/17/04 06:00 AM
SS I am glad you brouhgt that up. I've been meaning to get my hands on that little sucker. glad to hear some comments about it.
Posted By: teleco Re: VOIP - 02/18/04 05:00 AM
Corp has a Legend R7.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: VOIP - 02/18/04 05:36 AM
I dont know the R7 system but if it has SLT ports I have a VoIP phone that will work for you. Very easy to set up or I coundnt have done it. It has 2 options. You get a 2 port gateway and there are 2 types of phones. 1 of the phones uses both of the ports on the gateway or you would have 2 slt extensions from the system. The other phone uses 1 port from the gateway and 1 local CO line. This is the one I use and the one I sell the most often as I dont have to worry about the 911 issue the phone has a local POTS line to call 911 if needed. And yes you can put 2 of these phones on the gateway so you could set up 2 remote locations. You will need a static connection for the gateway. Here is the phone https://www.telradconnegy.com/freeride.htm
Posted By: RICK Re: VOIP - 02/18/04 01:44 PM
Now that were on the subject,
will the VOIP phone (Telrad) work on a Norstar Mics, I have a cust that needs 3 phones in a remote office, would that be efficent or would a point to point T1 be better, I have no idea what the Telrad IP phone would cost, also can 3 ip phones go out on 1 DSL line, would I need a hub?
This is new territory for me.

Thank you

Rick
Posted By: teleco Re: VOIP - 02/18/04 03:18 PM
I looked at the we site and correct me if I'm wrong but it appears that I need the Unit@IP to make this work.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: VOIP - 02/18/04 06:42 PM
No the freeride with work on a analog port. I have it on a Toshiba DK16e right now.
Posted By: brokeda Re: VOIP - 02/18/04 09:31 PM
We use Multi Tech VOIP units to send S/L ports back and forth mostly. They also make t1 emulators so you can connect via t1 cards over WAN. We also use Alvarion 5.8 Gig radio links to connect buildings up to 30 miles apart with Wan and phone ports. Mck makes products that allow you to send KEYSETS over the WAN, ( Definity, NEC, Pan DBS, Toshiba and a couple of others.) Proctor makes equipment that takes care of the 911 end, with the right switch.
Posted By: teleco Re: VOIP - 02/19/04 04:38 AM
Is this it? Anoalog ext,at the PBX side to FreeRide,to lan to wan,at remote site lan, and a pots line, to FreeRide IP telephone.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: VOIP - 02/19/04 06:06 AM
thats it.
The freeride can be 2 SLT voip or 1 SLT voip and 1 POTs line.
Posted By: teleco Re: VOIP - 02/19/04 05:07 PM
I'll be in Daytona for bike week next week email me and I'll buy you some drinks. Thanks for all your input
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help