atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: groundstart School Intercom Systems... - 06/07/04 01:12 PM
Need some names of manufactuers of school intercom systems...

Thankx....Mitch
Posted By: XConnect Re: School Intercom Systems... - 06/07/04 01:33 PM
Simplex

Valcomm?
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: School Intercom Systems... - 06/07/04 02:02 PM
Dukane.
Posted By: MrGemini Re: School Intercom Systems... - 06/07/04 03:36 PM
Bogen
Posted By: groundstart Re: School Intercom Systems... - 06/07/04 04:42 PM
r these systems capable of handling over 150 stations......
Posted By: mrb Re: School Intercom Systems... - 06/07/04 05:32 PM
i am pleading a little ignorance, what is the application? paging through the phone, overhead paging, simple dialtone, etc? Enlighten me.
Posted By: groundstart Re: School Intercom Systems... - 06/08/04 02:42 AM
intercom communications between rooms, offices and throughout school.

I have a bid, but Im trying to convince the school district to put in a PBX and just restrict dialing. I didnt think schools still use intercom only systems, I thought they went the way of the Edsel........

Thank you.

Mitch
Posted By: Jonathan Re: School Intercom Systems... - 06/09/04 12:00 PM
I know that the Rauland system will provide you with speakers between rooms. With the Rauland system you can also attach single line phones and attach POTS lines. This is basically a PBX with a Bell schedule and the ability to page into individual rooms.
Posted By: groundstart Re: School Intercom Systems... - 06/09/04 01:39 PM
Thankx Jon....I think this is the application they are looking for...
Posted By: JJ Re: School Intercom Systems... - 06/09/04 06:50 PM
Mitch,
There are many manufacutures of school intercom systems. Roland is probably your best bet. It depends on the application and what they are looking for. I have installed phone systems with doorphones in each room for calling the main office and talkback paging in rooms for added convience.
Find out what they really need and go from there!
Most of the time they just want zoned paging and if you can give them talk-back paging they are very impressed. Viking and Volcom have nice systems that hookup to any phone system.

Good Luck!!
JJ
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: School Intercom Systems... - 06/09/04 09:21 PM
i've used the valcom v2924a several times. it will only expand up to 96 ports tho.

here is the link https://www.valcom.com/intercom.htm
Posted By: groundstart Re: School Intercom Systems... - 06/10/04 02:29 AM
THIS IS THE QUOTE I AM BIDDING ON:

An Intercom system with back and forth paging and also access to restricted telco lines.

They want to be able to access off-site buildings. "Thats the problem"

I suggested a PBX with SL phones. But its a Intercom system they want.
Posted By: Jonathan Re: School Intercom Systems... - 06/10/04 09:06 AM
The Rauland Telecenter IV or V will provide the restricted POTS lines. It will interface directly with the PBX. It also provides emulated dial tone that will allow the office staff to call into the rooms through the phone. It connects to a trunk position on the PBX. It will provide talk back from the rooms. I think that this will be a great fit for you. I will say that sometimes the Rauland equipment that I have worked with has been kind of flaky (mainly the ICS though). Good luck!!!!
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: School Intercom Systems... - 06/11/04 07:45 PM
check out the Dukane StarCall system also.
Posted By: martin Re: School Intercom Systems... - 06/13/04 12:50 PM
you'll have the best chance of working with the school adminisration if you partener with a traditional school intercom provider(bogen,rauland,etc.)
they all will intrface with a pbx which you will provide. most administrators don,t want to experiment. they are usually conservative
about such things. they have a lot of people judging their choices so tried and true solutions, even though more expensive and possibly overkill will usually get their attention.
jc
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help