atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: filmteknik Remote Access Call Forwarding - 06/22/04 06:50 PM
Just changed from a CLEC back to the incumbent carrier (SBC) because the latter won't let anyone put DSL on their lines unless they are doing the billing.

Back when it was Ameritech I had remote access call forwarding (could call a special number, enter my number, a PIN and activate or deactivate the CF features). When I changed to a CLEC (Allegience) 4 years ago I retained it. Same access number, same PIN (since it was still the same service, just being billed by another firm).

Now that I've switched back it's gone and SBC says they don't offer it anymore and haven't in years. Only grandfathered in and I don't count as grandfathered.

So bottom line is what is a good simple CF box with remote access that will take calls coming in on one POTS line and dial them out on a 2nd POTS line. I'll probably just keep ordinary CF from the TELCO but such a box will be handy if I'm away and forgot to activate it normal CF or other situations. Don't need call back, dial out or any other special features.

Thanks.
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: Remote Access Call Forwarding - 06/22/04 08:37 PM
Sandman has a device on his site that would probablly do what you need. I haven't tried it, just saw it there one day. It's the Ultimate Call Handler.

https://www.sandman.com/autodial.html

Hope this helps,
Kerry

[This message has been edited by Bigkayeh (edited June 22, 2004).]
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help