atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: groundstart COST EFECTIVE.... - 06/27/04 10:55 AM
if i am gonna pull a couple of cat 3's & 5's to each location, does it pay to use that all in one cable???

I think Genesis cable makes the stuff....or do u guy'z know of any other cable mfg's that produce that type of cable...

Mitch
Posted By: Z-man Re: COST EFECTIVE.... - 06/27/04 01:53 PM
No. The cost is not much different and the all in one cable is really stiff, making it very difficult to pull and install. I would say it is a classic example of something being design by someone who has never done cabling before.
Posted By: MrGemini Re: COST EFECTIVE.... - 06/27/04 05:05 PM
I aggree, I have used "banana peal" for res. applications but no more then 20 or so locations and it's a pain to work with but then again it had the coax also.
I like to keep my phone and data seperate whenever possible, and definitely on new installs.
Posted By: upstateny Re: COST EFECTIVE.... - 06/28/04 05:49 AM
Before i did phone systems I was involved in the early stages of home automation - the structured wiring offerings all use an expensive panel by AMP or one of their competitors - I decided to leave that feild after reading an article by an interconnect owner who compared the $1,000+ structured wiring panel to a piece of plywood, patch panel and punchdown blocks at $200.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help