atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: metis Choosing a System - 07/16/04 10:09 AM
We are in the process of choosing a new phoen system for our office. We've narrowed the search to 3 systems, but I can't seem to find any reviews on them. Any suggestions please!!

~Toshiba Strata DK424
~NEC Aspire
~Norstar CICS compact System

We are a relatively small company with the need for 3 maybe 4 lines at this point. But we will be expaniding in the future.

Thanks again!!
Posted By: JOHNYREB Re: Choosing a System - 07/16/04 10:22 AM
Any of the 3 you mentioned will suit your needs quite well. I'm partial to the CIC's just because it's what I'm most famillar with. The most important thing to choose is the company that will install/service the system for you. Whichever you choose, make sure there are several companies in your area that support the same system so you won't be "stuck" with one company if they do not treat you right.
Posted By: Crabb Re: Choosing a System - 07/16/04 11:11 AM
Good Point - Everybody has a few systems the like better than others, but the system is only as good as your support.
Posted By: metis Re: Choosing a System - 07/16/04 11:17 AM
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. Any good or bad points with any of these systems?
Posted By: JOHNYREB Re: Choosing a System - 07/16/04 11:32 AM
Well, the CIC's in my opinion and Nortel in general make a very durable system. With all the lightening here in FL, they have held up alot better in the long run compared to other systems for us. If you do out grow the capacity of the CIC's, the same phones can be used with a MICs down the road, saving you the expense of buying new phoes as well. Of the few things I don't like about the Norstar product is that the phones do not have Dual colored LED's and on the newer "T" series phone each time you change a buttons programmed feature, you have to re-print another label instead of physically moving a key cap.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Choosing a System - 07/16/04 07:05 PM
Are you only looking at used systems? The DK 424 should be a CTX 100 or 670 if new. And just for the fun of it take a look at the Telrad product lines. www.telradconnegy.com

[This message has been edited by SSPhone (edited July 16, 2004).]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help