atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: capitol System Comparison - 08/05/04 11:42 AM
I'm currently a Comdial dealer and I'm looking to add another system to my product line. The dx80 seems to sell fine for people that are looking for a good price, but if they want to by a brand name system or if they just want a classy looking phone the dx80 doesn't stand a chance. I'm looking for a system that has a good lookin phone and is somewhat comparable in price with the dx80. I would start pushing the FXII, but their prices are way above the competitors around here, not to mention Comdial just raised their price on the already expensive FXII Small Office package. I'm leaning towards ESI or Samsung. Not too sure of ESI. I don't think that there are too many non telcom people that has heard of them. Plus, I think there phones are really non traditional. Samsung is a pretty well known name & and I think it would sell better because of it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Posted By: dtmf Re: System Comparison - 08/05/04 12:15 PM
The more Products you sale and support will most certainly increase your sales, Telrad, Avaya, Nec, Panasonic, Samsung all have nice systems and sale well. We sell Telrad for the large systems and Partner ACS for the small but work on many different ones as well, We have started selling Nortel and Panasonic as well due to the lack of techs for them in our area. I can't sell Nec due to the competition undercutting me way to hard.
I have been learning the Aspire but they are selling them for less localy also, I have been looking at the Samsung and like what I see.

O-yea we stopped selling Comdial years ago and I think it was the best move we ever made.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited August 05, 2004).]
Posted By: Mark K. Re: System Comparison - 08/05/04 12:35 PM
Is Samsung over the counter or propriatary?
mark
Posted By: capitol Re: System Comparison - 08/05/04 12:43 PM
I think they are propriatary. I know the ESI C-class is over the counter(dealer status not required). Does anyone know the number for Samsung's telecom sales. I have a bunch of questions I need to ask.
Posted By: dtmf Re: System Comparison - 08/05/04 02:21 PM
You could get with (CMDL_GUY) he would be happy to help you out with info. His name is Larry and he is a realy nice guy.
Posted By: capitol Re: System Comparison - 08/05/04 02:39 PM
I called him already. Waiting for him to call back.Thanks. Have you heard anythin about the NEC DS1000/2000?
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: System Comparison - 08/05/04 03:28 PM
The NEC DS1000/2000 are NEC's over the counter systems that are sold by Graybar and a lot of other wholesale suppliers.

I too was a Comdial dealer but due to them continously dropping product lines and then not shipping what product they had I became a NEC Aspire dealer.

I am extremley happy with the Aspire line and have had much better support from them than I ever did with Comdial.

DJ
Posted By: capitol Re: System Comparison - 08/06/04 09:09 AM
I decided to go with the NEC DS1000/2000. It has the port capacity that I'm looking for and I think the NEC name will sell itself.. If I like the reliability & support of NEC I'll move onto the Aspire line. Thanks for the input.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help