atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: walterv Artisoft..(help) - 08/05/04 03:30 PM
Artisoft,

does anyone know this product ....

Please tell me any info good or bad....

Posted By: Corwyn Re: Artisoft..(help) - 08/05/04 05:08 PM
Walter,

They asked me to become a distributor about 3-4 months ago. I looked at the product, but was no really impressed. For my market,
small business with sub 15-20 COs it is very expensive, seemed pretty complicated to setup and install. You also have to remember that basically you have to bring 3 different items together. The Software, the hardware and the server PC which they don't really tell you about. It semed to me that if you are a larger user and were considering Cisco it was a good alternative. Again, this is just the impression I got from dealing with the software mfg and the hardware dist and plaing with the options and numbers for putting together systems.

Corwyn
Posted By: NISCorp Re: Artisoft..(help) - 08/05/04 05:51 PM
Actually TeleVantage is probably the easiest communication system to program. It's all Win apps for admin and users. The core is Win2K server + Intel voice boards + Artisoft PBX software.

The nice part is everything needed is included in the base SW. The optional pieces are mostly for larger call centers. Even small-mid size call centers can run well from the base package.

Definitely worth looking into closely.
Posted By: mrb Re: Artisoft..(help) - 08/06/04 07:32 AM
My concern would be support. Their dealer channel is mainly data VAR's who do a good job but are a little fickle. Will Artisoft cover your warranty/service if your provider goes in another direction?
Posted By: walterv Re: Artisoft..(help) - 08/16/04 01:52 PM
NISI Corp

Do you sell them or are you a user?.....

More info and some backround on yourself or company would help

Walter
Posted By: walterv Re: Artisoft..(help) - 08/16/04 01:54 PM
Corwyn,

What do you sell....

Walter
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help