atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Z-man wireless T-1 - 08/25/04 04:16 PM
I know we have talked about this before, but I can't find the info. I have a customer who wants to extend their voice and data network across a parking lot to an outlying building. Has anyone done this? What type of equipment did you use and how hard was the setup?
Posted By: dtmf Re: wireless T-1 - 08/25/04 04:29 PM
Yes, we used Cisco units that plug into the switch and the other side goes up to the roof to a directional antenna which shoots over to the reciever.

Forgot to tell you that it was a easy setup Cisco sent all the equipment and special cable and then its just like adding a switch to the other building

If you need more info I'll round it up for you and shoot you an email, let me know.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited August 25, 2004).]
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: wireless T-1 - 08/25/04 05:18 PM
Could you e-mail that info to me also? I have a customer with a similar situation. Thanks.
Posted By: HtownDan Re: wireless T-1 - 08/26/04 04:17 AM
go with the linksys product. they are a division of cisco and the quality is there withouth the price. additionally you can pickup at more places versus the cisco.
Posted By: martin Re: wireless T-1 - 08/26/04 06:18 AM
dtmf htowndan
i could use that info also
m
Posted By: Z-man Re: wireless T-1 - 08/26/04 08:18 AM
I have to be able to emulate a T-1 connection. this is no problem with the cisco/linksys?
Posted By: HtownDan Re: wireless T-1 - 08/26/04 10:51 AM
hey guys y'all feel free to email me at any time with wireless questions. I have become extremely knowledgeable of wireless so will be glad to help out any way possible.

dan
Posted By: SST Re: wireless T-1 - 08/26/04 12:34 PM
The Quickbridge 20 was recommended to me. We didn't use because it was for a temporary application and the ROI didn't add up against 2 dsl lines...
https://www.t-n-solutions.com/products/proxim/tsunami_quickbridge_20_wireless_outdoor_bridge.htm
Posted By: Z-man Re: wireless T-1 - 08/26/04 10:07 PM
I will email you over the weekend Dan.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: wireless T-1 - 08/27/04 05:03 AM
I have a customer who just installed a wireless data connection from one building to the next--while I was trying to get cost estimates on pt to pt T-1 and other info so that we could get the voice over there too. But I'm thinking--why can't we use the new wireless stuff. I just don't know where to start---but I'd like to learn. This seems like a good place to start. I'm going to talk to thier IT guy this weekend to find out what he did. According to customer--it seemed fairly easy and worked perfect right away.
Posted By: HtownDan Re: wireless T-1 - 08/27/04 08:56 AM
We're talking about this vegas thing so maybe i can do a wireless bit as well and get proxim or some other group out as well. IP telephony and Wireless Data are the future. Hate to say it guys but it is time to start gearing up or you'll get left behind. Anytime though, feel free to get up with me. I have no problem telling you what to order and sending the parts to you to hook up.
Posted By: dtmf Re: wireless T-1 - 08/27/04 09:46 AM
Sorry I didn't get back to ya guys but I have been swamped, Looks like Dan stepped in though, he also makes a good point about gearing up for the new applacations for the future. We try and learn everything that comes out new.
Posted By: phnman Re: wireless T-1 - 09/07/04 08:24 AM
Also check out Adtran Tracer
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help