atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: CAB Phone system - 09/01/04 12:13 PM
my company is in the process of upgrading our phone system.
The 2 choices we narrowed it down to are the mitel sx-200 or the NEC aspire.
does any one have any comments, suggestions or recommendations on what i should do?
which is a better system...etc?
Your help is greatly appreciated
Posted By: txfoneman Re: Phone system - 09/01/04 01:27 PM
what are your needs and desires from a phone system?
Posted By: JJ Re: Phone system - 09/01/04 06:38 PM
Is there more than one vendor that can service that system?

Do they provide you with Admin. training?

Does the vendor provide system training and documentation?

How much is add,moves, and cahanges to the system?

Does the system met are needs today and in the near future?

What is there response time to a down system?

Just a few questions to ask!

Good Luck!!
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Phone system - 09/01/04 07:59 PM
You need to look across the river to Long Island. Telrad Connegy is located in Farmingdale on Long Island.
Posted By: CAB Re: Phone system - 09/02/04 09:24 AM
we have about 50 people working here.
oue needs are very basic.
what i would like to know if you had to buy a system based on quality, reputation, etc which one out of the two would you chose.
mitel sx-200 or nec aspire
thanks again
Posted By: bikechuck Re: Phone system - 09/02/04 09:33 AM
my boss says they both suck but NEC would probably be the better choice because of more choice of vendors and support. I myself like the quality of about anything NEC ever made.

[This message has been edited by bikechuck (edited September 02, 2004).]
Posted By: Z-man Re: Phone system - 09/02/04 09:48 PM
the mitel is made mostly for Hotel/motel apps. I have seen it in a standard business with mixed results. NEC is a good product but I was not aware the Aspire goes as large as you indicate your company is. You can buy several different systems, but service and support is where you will get the most value. You should contact Gkar via email. He works in NY and could provide some good info and scenarios for you.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Phone system - 09/22/04 01:24 PM
I wouldn't hype the Aspire. I work on them and they are what we consider our "low end" product. The biggest concern besides service is APPLICATION. By and far the biggest thing to consider. I cannot tell you how many promises Nitisuko/NEC Aspire now I have had to go back and say the system cannot do that. The Aspire is fine for the correct application..but then again that is what you should mostly be worried about. If I had a stick with application on it I would hit our salespeople in the head with everyday that would be it.

[This message has been edited by Coral Tech (edited September 22, 2004).]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help