atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DnRComm School bell and intercom system - 09/13/04 05:54 AM
I am looking to replace a schools Bell and Intercom system. They are using a Simplex Building Communications Systems now, but have not been happy with it and want something different. I am having trouble locating anything other than Simplex that does this type of stuff, Timed bell and intercom. Any help you can give is needed.

------------------
Voice and Data Cabling in DFW
Posted By: MrGemini Re: School bell and intercom system - 09/13/04 06:38 AM
How big of a school?
Bogen & Dukane are still in the market.
Keep in mind that the Simplex system probably is tied into the clocks as well.
Posted By: DnRComm Re: School bell and intercom system - 09/13/04 06:53 AM
Yes, I am sure they are, and does Bogan do that also? 48 speakers mostly ceiling speakers but a few horns.
Posted By: Jonathan Re: School bell and intercom system - 09/13/04 08:07 AM
You should take a look at the Rauland ICS Telecenter. It will handle bells, speakers, and horns. The programming is very easy (GUI). Rauland also has a Telecenter IV and V. The IV and V are not as easy to configure as the ICS but they are both still great products.
Posted By: MrGemini Re: School bell and intercom system - 09/13/04 08:13 AM
How many zones though?
Typically each class room and office is a zone as well as the "commons" area and various hallways. sometimes you will have one or 2 zones for the all the halls but the zones feed a utility amp. I'm thinking on an independant classroom or office you may need a call swith and talk back.
I'll see what I can find and try to send you some links later.
Posted By: walterv Re: School bell and intercom system - 09/15/04 08:23 AM
DnRComm
Email me [email protected]

I have delt with a supplier here in NY that is very knowledgeable with these kinda applications, They have helped us out in the past and may be able to help you.

I did not want to post the name of the company and phone # here.(I was not sure if that is allowed)

Walter
Posted By: DEG Re: School bell and intercom system - 09/24/04 03:17 PM
Go with Bogen...is more installer and user friendly.
Posted By: junkman Re: School bell and intercom system - 10/01/04 07:57 AM
I just installed 2 schools with a Toshiba CTX and Ultimate software for the bells. Each classroom has a phone for individual paging and talkback, with ceiling speakers and horns in hallways, gym, and outside. Works like a champ, lets you use any sound or voice for bells, and you can use any phone (with the right code) for announcements or paging.
Posted By: EK Re: School bell and intercom system - 10/01/04 08:13 AM
Dukane make a model MCS that can be used for schools that can not only handle the paging and talkback speakers with over 100 zones if needed, but it can also do emergency phones and interface to a centralized clock system. Naturally they want to sell you their clocks but the panel can provide a relay closure to send the clocks the synch signal at specified times.

Bogen and Dukane both are sold through dealers, so you will need to find a source. I can refer you to a Dukane dealer if you desire if you email me.
Posted By: slim Re: School bell and intercom system - 10/01/04 01:14 PM
We have a valcom v2924 system in a school that expands upto 96 stations and it will give you 24 zones and 4 groups.we tied the call buttons to a open line on the pana TD1232 and they can page announce whatever they want from any phone in the school. for bells we bought the relay board for the system which you can set schedules for separte zones We also put single line phones in each class and restricted long distance so the teachers could call 911 or call the office if necissary. email me if you have any questions
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help