atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: groundstart Tech Support Bulletin Boards... - 09/15/04 10:17 AM
As I read each day all the posts for help and then the responses about how our jobs are being lost....

Here is my input...

Years and Years ago when us regulars on this board got in the business there was no such thing as these types of forums....

Why us old timers (not me) complain and bitch (like me) is because now that there are such things as these forums we feel our jobs are being lost....

Yes in a way they are....but its the advancement of computers...the Internet...and forum software packages....

I guess we must accept this and get on with it....

Just my 50 cents worth of input....

Mitch
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: Tech Support Bulletin Boards... - 09/15/04 02:07 PM
nobody like change!!
(unless we bill for it!!)

Everybody seems to focus on the negative of everything.

If you sit back and look at all the positive that has come out of these forums, you will see it all balances out.

I see allot of billable items that have come across this forum and some guys have taken advantage of this.

I bet there has been some income to some of these guys that they would have never of seen if not for this forum.

2 cents
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Tech Support Bulletin Boards... - 09/15/04 03:31 PM
The way I see it, our situation is like the auto repair industry. You got your certified auto mechanics and your shade tree mechanics. There's still quite a demand for professional mechanics nevertheless.
Posted By: junkman Re: Tech Support Bulletin Boards... - 09/15/04 07:41 PM
I think that since our respective companies are not geographically close, the forums aren't really taking any business away from any of us, but are actually saving us time (and money) by learning from other people's experience. Each of us has seen specific problems that aren't very common, so if you're stuck on a problem, post it and let others help. At the same time, if you have an answer, help someone else. The way I see it, everyone wins.

Experience is something you get immediately after you need it.
Posted By: justbill Re: Tech Support Bulletin Boards... - 09/15/04 08:42 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by junkman:

Experience is something you get immediately after you need it.[/B]</font>

Boy if that ain't the truth.
Bill
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: Tech Support Bulletin Boards... - 09/15/04 08:51 PM
Life is a constant exchange of comfort for experience.

Kerry
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help