atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: SST wireless - 09/23/04 10:24 AM
I've got a customer who owns a nursery (Plants not babies). He whants a cordless phone so he can roam the grounds. He is in the center of 45 acres. The cost of putting in a specralink system would force him to sell the farm. Is there any other product out there that could offer anything close to cover an area this large?
Posted By: Mark K. Re: wireless - 09/23/04 11:20 AM
Check out Engenius with an external antenna mounted as high up as you can get it.
https://www.engeniustech.com/telecom/industrialcordless.html
I have one working on a mulching farm of 40 acres and they have had it since 4/2002. That one is the only experience I've had with the product though.
mark
Posted By: Corwyn Re: wireless - 09/23/04 04:48 PM
The enginuis should work for you. You can add a 30 or 60 foot antenna extender that will pretty much cover 3-4 mile range.

I've done a few of these. One note though the SN920 not so much but the 436/490 we've had a terrible track record with.

When they work they're great, but I've had a string where I replaced 4 in less than 8 months.

Corwyn
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: wireless - 09/23/04 08:17 PM
The Engenius cordless sets have a nice long range---really a nice phone---but be sure to get the hardcase to protect the phone---and get an extra battery. When you drop a 3-400 dollar phone it breaks just as easy as a $30 Radio Shack phone.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help