atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Corwyn ICC vs Leviton - 09/23/04 06:00 PM
I've been using ICC jacks and plates for a while but I've been thinking about switching to Leviton because so many people use them and already have faceplates in place. The major reason I have not done it is price. The levitons are more than twice the ICC price. Are they worth it?

What brand jacks do you like - especially for cat5?

Corwyn
Posted By: Mark K. Re: ICC vs Leviton - 09/23/04 06:11 PM
Hubbell. The industry Standard. And the only one I like. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: groundstart Re: ICC vs Leviton - 09/23/04 06:38 PM
ICC ALL THE WAY........
Posted By: capitol Re: ICC vs Leviton - 09/23/04 07:03 PM
I've never used anything but Leviton.
Posted By: Toner Re: ICC vs Leviton - 09/23/04 08:08 PM
Even though I always use Nortel jacks, I would recommend Leviton. It makes sense to use a brand that is interchangeable with other brands and Leviton seems to be the best of the keystone jacks. I like the smaller profile - it gets into some tighter spaces.
Posted By: Z-man Re: ICC vs Leviton - 09/23/04 10:31 PM
I used to use AMP exclusively. Now I get some generic Cat5E jacks from a buddy of mine. Half the price and they have never failed. alot easier on the hands to terminate vs. ICC and Leviton.
Posted By: DnRComm Re: ICC vs Leviton - 09/24/04 07:40 AM
Wish I could say I have always used Leviton, but as most I thought ICC or AMP would do the same thing for less money. WOW was I wrong. Now unless the customer specifies other type, like the dreaded panduit jacks, I only use Leviton.

------------------
Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
Posted By: oberender Re: ICC vs Leviton - 09/24/04 07:42 AM
seems most of the jobs we do use Panduit or Krone
Posted By: yzark40 Re: ICC vs Leviton - 09/24/04 08:53 AM
leviton all the way !
Posted By: txfoneman Re: ICC vs Leviton - 09/24/04 08:57 AM
Leviton !
Posted By: BillyBob Re: ICC vs Leviton - 09/24/04 10:19 AM
Leviton - and since Home Depot stocks them, you can pick them up when you run out and need to get some quickly.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: ICC vs Leviton - 09/24/04 10:39 AM
I have used Suttle, ICC--never had a problem with them. Used Hubbell--no problem--like them too. Lately, I have used alot of Leviton--no problem with them--and can get them at Home Depot. I have purchased jacks on e-bay also---no problems there either.
Posted By: txfoneman Re: ICC vs Leviton - 09/24/04 01:28 PM
yes .... heads up all .... there is a company selling cat5 levitons in quantity packages! a good deal!!!!
Posted By: JBW Re: ICC vs Leviton - 09/24/04 01:59 PM
ICC jacks are economical and I can order in bulk. I have had no problem with them.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: ICC vs Leviton - 09/24/04 02:48 PM
Leviton, you canget them anywhere and they fit better than ICC jacks into key plates. We used to be ICC only until we just got tired of ordering them. Hell, Home depot sells these in bulk and the prices aren't that bad.
Posted By: Z-man Re: ICC vs Leviton - 09/24/04 08:56 PM
what are you guys paying for a Cat5E leviton jack?
Posted By: MrGemini Re: ICC vs Leviton - 09/25/04 04:55 AM
Leviton all the way.
JW, home depot for jacks! URggggg, 5 times the vendor cost.
Z, I posted what I pay in he installer Cat. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Gem
Posted By: DnRComm Re: ICC vs Leviton - 09/25/04 07:57 AM
Last ones I bought were $2.90 each, no shipping. Only problem with Leviton now is they stopped selling thur my main vender Anixter.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: ICC vs Leviton - 09/25/04 08:01 AM
5 times the cost at home depot? I don't know what your home depot is chargung but it comes out around 2-3 bux per insert if you buy the bulk packs.
Posted By: Rover88 Re: ICC vs Leviton - 09/25/04 06:40 PM
I used to use Leviton exclusively for most of the same reasons as everyone else: available everywhere. Over the past year or so I've been using a lot of Siemon products with great success. Siemon is now my standard, although I always carry a couple of Leviton.
Posted By: RICK Re: ICC vs Leviton - 09/25/04 07:03 PM
Leviton!!!
Posted By: SPF0 Re: ICC vs Leviton - 09/26/04 07:35 PM
Leviton any day. Priced right. Good quality control. Easy to install. Have installed thousands and thousands till I see them in my dreams.....Leviton !!!!!! They come either single or multi pack and many different colors.
Posted By: XConnect Re: ICC vs Leviton - 09/27/04 07:18 AM
Leviton!!!

Panduit used to be allright, before they swithched the design of the CAT5 jacks.
Posted By: Spuds Re: ICC vs Leviton - 09/27/04 03:51 PM
I use primarly Leviton, unless the job is specd for a certain brand. The price is right and in my experience I can get these at Graybar much cheaper than at Home Depot. I don't feel comfortable posting the price I pay in this forum.
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: ICC vs Leviton - 09/27/04 07:31 PM
Electricians use Levitons, and I have been unhappy with them. (both Electricians and the jacks) I have run across many broken Levitons. I don't know if the electricians are too rough with them or what but I have replaced more Levitons than anything else.

We use Sprint wich is a knock off of the ICC Jacks. We used to use AT&T but they got too expensive. Never had a problem with any Jack except 1 AT&T seperated, and 1 ICC had bent pins( Might of happened during our handling)

Just got the Sprint Cat 6 jacks - Similar to AMP and AT&T and Leviton.

I HATE PANDUIT JACKS!
Posted By: ICC_Marco Re: ICC vs Leviton - 03/05/10 01:06 PM
You really should contact the boards owner to purchase some advertising. You'd get first rate ads for your target audience.
Posted By: KENB Re: ICC vs Leviton - 03/05/10 03:28 PM
The original posts are 6 years old :shrug:
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help