atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: wigs974 sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 09/24/04 10:33 AM
any comments on these two systems. NEC is more money for us but I have to come up with pros and cons for the boss and sell him one. I like the NEC system but it is more expensive so if I went with that I would have major selling to do.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 09/24/04 02:46 PM
As we sell both systems what do you want to do...ie application? I can tell you very definately pro's and cons.
Posted By: wigs974 Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 09/25/04 07:46 AM
we are looking to replace an old tie system. The Sprint K3 system is $6,300. The NEC is $10,000-12,000 depending on which phones we get (console or no console). Got any selling points on either. We have mostly welders and machinists so I need user friendly and expandable. I need to sell both these to the owner and then give him my opinion. Want to get all my ducks in row before I talk to him. The systems seem alike to me. What are the differences?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 09/25/04 10:13 AM
I guese I should ask do you need just basic phone service? How many lines/stations? How big do you think you are going to go?

A few things:

Both system can display caller ID. Ease of use goes to the K3. Expandability goes to the Aspire. The K3 has 2 built in analog ports for analog devices such as night bells or wireless phones...ect. The Aspire CAN get an analog card but costs nore $$$. The Aspire has IP capability..the K3 doesn't (at this time). Flash voicemail, both are ok but the Aspire flash VM is better, but I assume they quoted the 4 port flash VM. The K3 comes standard 8 port <- this is huge BTW.

Phones, I like the look of the NEC phones better, but the 28 button phone on the K3 is a TRUE 28 button phone as opposed to the NEC. NEC 22 button phone is really a 12 button phone (not counting hold keys ect cause both systems have them) with 10 speed dial keys. Just whatever button config they tell you like 34 button on the Aspire is really a 24 button. The K3 phones also have one HUGE advantage is that they can take a regular cheapo headset with a mini plug (like for wireless phone or cell) right into it. IMHO the speakerphones on the Aspire phones suck and sound weak.

Please note: the Aspire can get fairly big but, the little thing they fail to mention is that is you go over 64 ports you have to upgrade the processor and thats big $$$. But, it can get ALOT larger than the K3.

I hope this helps but with more info I can get you more detailed info.
Posted By: wigs974 Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 09/25/04 11:24 AM
I have 6 incoming lines and need 24 extensions. Voice mail would be great, but not used by most employees. I have 2 buildings that are about 100 feet apart. I would like an auto attendent and the night ringer would be good to. We would eventually like to be able to hook up to our other building which is a mile down the street (when and if we get a new system there). That building has 6 incoming lines and would need at least 24 extensions minimum. thanks so much for all your help
Posted By: wigs974 Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 09/25/04 11:27 AM
if it helps I have only 20 or so employees at my building that needs a phone system. My TIE systems has me short 4 extensions already and that number is growing.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 09/25/04 11:52 AM
Ok np. Do you have wire going down to this other building (the one a mile away) or were you planning on networking via a T1 or IP?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 09/25/04 11:52 AM
Ok np. Do you have wire going down to this other building (the one a mile away) or were you planning on networking via a T1 or IP?
Posted By: wigs974 Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 09/25/04 02:21 PM
networking would come later, but I need to keep the option open. It would be over IP
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 09/25/04 06:23 PM
Are you locked into these 2 systems? You may want your sprint rep see if he offers the Spint Flexicom ipx500 system. Otherwise I would go Aspire ONLY for networking as the K3 doesn't have it yet. If you CAN get the ipx500 it's far and away better than both of those 2 choices. Remember on the Aspire you cannot use the flash voicemail as a centralized VM system..when you get into a regular NVM you are getting into $$$ and it's SLOW beacause of the analog integration. And if you want unified messanging you are talking big $$$. IP on the flexiciom is also alot more mature and flexible. Your call though. If you are locked between these 2 only the NEC will be a better choice IMHO.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 09/25/04 06:24 PM
Are you locked into these 2 systems? You may want your sprint rep see if he offers the Spint Flexicom ipx500 system. Otherwise I would go Aspire ONLY for networking as the K3 doesn't have it yet. If you CAN get the ipx500 it's far and away better than both of those 2 choices. Remember on the Aspire you cannot use the flash voicemail as a centralized VM system..when you get into a regular NVM you are getting into $$$ and it's SLOW beacause of the analog integration. And if you want unified messanging you are talking big $$$. IP on the flexiciom is also alot more mature and flexible. Your call though. If you are locked between these 2 only the NEC will be a better choice IMHO.
Posted By: walterv Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 09/27/04 04:56 PM
Coral Tech,

Email me, I want to talk tou you about the K3 and the IPX. I am a dealer in NY and have some great stuff to tell you. Plus I need some feed back on the IPX.. [email protected]

As far as the K3 goes ... you will never find a system that offers you more at such an inexpensive price... the 8 port harddrive voice mail , call record (all cals automatic) etc.

We have a voice mail that works with this system that emails you your messages.... It is inexpensive and works great...

The K3 hands down is the best system you can buy in the 24 co line and 46 extension ...

Nothing else comes close.... and I do mean nothing else comes close........

I say this as a nortel, avaya, nec, toshiba retailer and a dealer of nortel...

of course this is my opinion (25 years worth)

Walter
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 09/27/04 05:07 PM
Best bang for the buck..I have to agree Walter. For his application though I don't see it until they get the networking going. They are working on a card right now so that you can use the phones off a K3 on an IPX system. Don't sell the Aspire short though. They have some very competetive pricing and they have some nice looking phones. I have Spint K3's in all over (aka Tadiran ICE) [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 09/27/04 08:08 PM
Hey Coral,

is the K3 anything like the Proteges?
If so.....
Run away!!!!!!!!
If it is a new system altogether then.....

I love the "Sprint" Flexicom [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
it programs like a dream, Very Flexiable, VERY scalable, and Extremely reliable, and getting more and more affordable.

Since I don't know the K3, the Aspire is rock solid and vvery feature rich for the price.

Just my $00.02
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 09/27/04 08:10 PM
oops

Note to self : Read ENTIRE previos post BEFORE posting a reply.

Didn't realize the K3 was an ICE

how similar is it to a real Tadiran. We had one pass throuhgt the office but I never got a chance to play with it.

[This message has been edited by BillFlippen (edited September 27, 2004).]
Posted By: freeness Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 02/22/05 09:56 PM
neither system is a top system. Check out the NEC IPK and the Toshiba CTX. You should spend around $500 a phone for a system with all digital phones, VM, and installation. If you see and touch the phones you will know the difference.

Andy
www.teleco4.com
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 02/23/05 05:04 AM
I actually think the Aspire line IS the superior NEC line in the same port size. The K3 is what it is, a low cost simple telephone system...VERY inexpensive. I would very easilly put the Aspire against the NEC IPK feature for feature and IP to IP. Did you know that the Aspire can put IP adaptors on their digital sets and make them IP? Very slick...and the phones and in-skin voimail look and work better IMHO.

If you want to spend money on a NON throw away system get a Sprint Flexicom and you'll have it forever.
Posted By: groundstart Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 02/23/05 04:56 PM
ALL NEC PRODUCTS ARE TOP NOTCH...........
Posted By: brokeda Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 02/23/05 06:24 PM
wigs974:

shoot your phones and data to those other buildings over a good radio eithernet bridge,
save those monthly checks to the phone company.
Posted By: freeness Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 02/27/05 01:54 AM
Coral, FYI, the IPK can add adapters to regular phones to make them IP too. The Aspire is nice and had great features, but it is still a Nitsuko product and the phones are not as solid feeling. There are also far fewer Aspire dealers then IPK dealers out there. Basically, if it still had the Nitsuko name plate on it you wouldn't compare it to the IPK which is a true NEC product. Whenever anyone asks me to compare both systems I just tell them to go to Nitsuko.com and that is usually enough to scare them away from the Aspire.

Andy
https://www.teleco4.com
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 02/27/05 10:13 AM
"There are also far fewer Aspire dealers then IPK dealers out there."

I really don't think so.

"The Aspire is nice and had great features, but it is still a Nitsuko product and the phones are not as solid feeling."

NEC has had a huge effect on this. The casings are design are essentially made by the same company now...with the Aspire phones looking better IMHO.

Nitsuko was the manufacturer for TIE. Needless to say Nitsuko has been in the phone business FAR longer than NEC. Now, I am not here to tell you that either of these phone system are top tier. I deal with top tier phones systems everyday and no one here can tell me an IPK, Aspire or NEAX qualifies for such a spot. As far as the scare factor...why would someone be afraid of the name Nitsuko that made TIE equipment? Why would NEC buy Nitsuko and then tout Aspire sales as the LEADING NEC selling product? Hmmm?

https://www.cng.nec.com/cng/Products/ProProduct.asp?catid=27&prodid=4

https://www.nitsuko.com/pdfs/aspire/0893000_aspire_data_sheet.pdf

[This message has been edited by Coral Tech (edited February 27, 2005).]
Posted By: groundstart Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 02/27/05 01:12 PM
NEC is #3 in sales behind the big 2 ..........

THat must mean something...........

THe ASPIRE is a top notch communications product.
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 02/27/05 03:37 PM
As an Aspire dealer, and also servicing the IPK/Elite series in my area,I too believe that the Aspire is superior.

BOTH systems are manufactured by NEC Infrontia Inc. Wholly owned by NEC Corp. of Japan.

The Elite/IPK still uses the software layout from the old E-pro series and Nitsuko built the E-pro series as an OEM for NEC.

The Aspire is soon to go to 384 digital station ports and many more enhancements.

DJ
Posted By: freeness Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 03/22/05 10:48 AM
go to https://www.neccare.com/contracts/associates.nsf/search

and see how many Aspire and how many IPK dealers there are for your area. In NY and NJ it's not even that close.

I'm not saying the Aspire is a bad product, its very nice, but its still made by Nitsuko and sold and serviced by the old Nitsuko network.

Also, NEC direct only sells the IPK, IPS, NEAX lines, not the Asprire, so that should tell you something about their corporate thinking and their major product line.
Andy
www.teleco4.com
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 03/22/05 03:48 PM
You are absolutely wrong. NEC has a vested interest in the Aspire. And I would bet that the Aspire is beating the other NEC products in ports sold. I actually like the Aspire for what it is. Simply comparing the amount of people that sell a product is well, rather a lazy way to prove some point. Some products require an incredible amount of training AND financial capability before they allow you to be a dealer.
Posted By: freeness Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 03/23/05 07:35 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Some products require an incredible amount of training AND financial capability before they allow you to be a dealer.[/B]</font>

That's partially my point. IPK dealers have been through the ringing by NEC to become dealers. Nitsuko would give a dealership to anyone and mostly to people that couldn't get a dealership from a major brand.

Andy
www.teleco4.com
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 03/23/05 08:49 AM
You don't think NEC has corrected this? Why would you think that? I mean I have seen you sell mainly key systems. What do you REALLY think it takes to install a key system? I used to work for a company that serviced all brands of KSU/Hybrid systems and basically if you knew telephony and had a manual you could easilly work on a key system...well mabe not a Panasonic DBS because it's just weird.

[This message has been edited by Coral Tech (edited March 23, 2005).]
Posted By: WRichey Re: sprint k3 vs NEC aspire - 03/23/05 12:54 PM
Hey freeness watch you post dates man this is an old post your just rehashing it
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help