atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jspeterson Is Panasonic really that bad? - 10/07/04 09:02 AM
We have been looking at a new phone system and was wondering why Panasonic has such a bad rap. Is their something that people that have the systems not aware of?
Posted By: dtmf Re: Is Panasonic really that bad? - 10/07/04 10:43 AM
I have Panasonic systems out there and I really don't have any problems with them and the customers seem to like them also.
Posted By: Corwyn Re: Is Panasonic really that bad? - 10/07/04 12:38 PM
My experience this year with Panny ssytems.

Out of the 15 624s I've installed.
9 died, some where just cards, but it still caused the system to go down and me having to make a service call.

Out of the 38 phones (range of 7750 through 7735s) 12 died.

Out of the 6 TVS VMs installed for these systems 2 died.
Panasonic tech support is an oximoron!

Obviously I sell as few Panasonic systems as I can and then only if you twist my arm.
So this is a VERY poor sampling, but it's me experience with the system for this year.

Question - maybe it has to do with the -5 release?

Corwyn

------------------
https://www.phonesandstuff.com.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Is Panasonic really that bad? - 10/07/04 12:47 PM
Boy I haven't had any of those problems, we sell them along with many other brands but I can honestly say that we haven't had any failures other then a bad phone now and then but that's it

------------------
www.tel-programmer.com a trusted source for years
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Is Panasonic really that bad? - 10/07/04 03:27 PM
OK--what gives. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] jsp----in Aug you started a thread that ended up with around 30 replies--a really good discussion---and I think the whole outcome was--"It's the one who installs, and maintains the system, rather than the system manufacturer that's most important" So this thread will probably end up with the same conclusion. Wait 'till MrGemini from the Panasonic forum sees this. What happened to NEC, Comdial, Avaya, Telrad etc? I thought you would have already purchase a system---or did you purchase a Panasonic?? What gives?? [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Is Panasonic really that bad? - 10/07/04 03:54 PM
"It's the one who installs, and maintains the system, rather than the system manufacturer that's most important"

To a fine point. I would say on the smaller end this would be true. On the med to larger end equipment and capability are just as important.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Is Panasonic really that bad? - 10/07/04 05:59 PM
jspeterson,
I never did hear from you, are you still looking for a system?
Posted By: brokeda Re: Is Panasonic really that bad? - 10/07/04 07:15 PM
We do tons of Panasonic. No 624 or other TA's,
just KXTD and TAW getting set up for TDA.
The digital phones hold up great, we put modems in all locations, ($10.00 used hayes or Zoom work fine) Any and all needed changes can be done remotly from changing a button to doing a backup. Use the DOS tool on KSU and you won't have a prob. Yes there are some things it won't do, but usually they are like a rock.
(all systems grounded to a real ground, if none available we use Ditek power block w/center groung lug, all systems on APC battery backup, all CO line through Panamax
protectors. All phones Desoed properly for customer use.) The TAW is a great home system
I have taken 10 year old 7200 phones in trade that have had the living hell beat out of them, just need cleaning. Tech service? I could not print my thoughts here, (butt monkey) they are getting better. Just took in a dual cab sys w/ TVS 100 from Radio station in Dallas, we put in in 95. This is a "community" sta shared w/ housing authority and a Union. in 9 yrs replaced 1 phone out of 25 and field and cleaned most likely all of the others 2 or 3 times, (coke, coffe, whisky, chicken grease and other unknown substances) The 7700 phones w/lighted display and keypad are nice for home but I don't think they are made as well as 7000/7200/7400 units.
a rock.
PS: the only reason they got rid of the Pan was went to MICs w/pri and Call pilot. Norstar Tenants out the Pri much better.

[This message has been edited by brokeda (edited October 07, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by brokeda (edited October 07, 2004).]
Posted By: MrGemini Re: Is Panasonic really that bad? - 10/07/04 08:05 PM
I've been Pana. certified and selling and installing them since the pre-1 TD units came out and have NEVER had a unit die.
I've had one hard drive go bad on a TVS200.
Any phones that went bad over the years have been dropped or had liquid in them.
I don't sell the TD 308, (although I have 2 that I service) and I will not sell the TA analogs.
As far as I'm concerned these are low end units designed for SOHO Apps. That's why any Tom, Dick or Harry can buy them over the counter.
I never heard that Panasonic had "A bad Rap"
Maybe it's your vendor, maybe it's the install,I don't know.
All I can tell you is I've never had a problem with the equipment or the Tech. support.
JM2C

------------------
Don't get me started!

[This message has been edited by MrGemini (edited October 07, 2004).]
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Is Panasonic really that bad? - 10/07/04 08:36 PM
See---what did I tell ya---Don't Get Him Started!!
Posted By: Bman Re: Is Panasonic really that bad? - 10/08/04 06:48 AM
We have quite a few down here, and have the usual prodlems. It does not seem to be a bad system for smaller accts. or a house. I would not put one in for my big to middle size business customers though just my opinion.
Posted By: jspeterson Re: Is Panasonic really that bad? - 10/15/04 10:02 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JWRacedog:
OK--what gives. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] jsp----in Aug you started a thread that ended up with around 30 replies--a really good discussion---and I think the whole outcome was--"It's the one who installs, and maintains the system, rather than the system manufacturer that's most important" So this thread will probably end up with the same conclusion. Wait 'till MrGemini from the Panasonic forum sees this. What happened to NEC, Comdial, Avaya, Telrad etc? I thought you would have already purchase a system---or did you purchase a Panasonic?? What gives?? [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]</font>

Just was wondering. We are still looking, the more I look the more questions I have. I'm the pesky consumer that likes to know maybe too much.
Posted By: jspeterson Re: Is Panasonic really that bad? - 10/15/04 10:06 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dtmf:
jspeterson,
I never did hear from you, are you still looking for a system?
</font>

Still Looking and still wondering about a phone system. What products did you sell.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Is Panasonic really that bad? - 10/15/04 11:21 AM
Avaya, Panasonic, Telrad, Nec/Nitsuko, Nortel, pretty much whatever you want.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited October 15, 2004).]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help