atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: sbdcomm Verizon ??!@#$ - 11/04/04 09:43 AM
Verizon installs a 25 pair inside terminal at an assisted living facility, and tells the customer," You need to have this terminal grounded." The Verizon tech installed a #6 awg ground wire, and left it looped up, awaiting someone to ground it. There wasn't a ground point in the room, I guess he didn't feel like looking for one. I've been doing this for almost 20 years, and thought I had seen everything.

Vern
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Verizon ??!@#$ - 11/04/04 10:55 AM
If Verizon installed the cable (I'm assuming it's their D-mark)...there responsible for grounding it...it's their equipment.
That's like telling the resident that they have to supply the water for the fire hydrant. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

------------------
| Need a Telephone | Telephone Installers
Posted By: clanier Re: Verizon ??!@#$ - 11/04/04 12:46 PM
If Verizon is placing a 25 Pr ( 189 type or equiv) terminal, it is the customer or their contractors responsibility to provide a #6 gnd to equipment room, that tVerizon will in turn connect to.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Verizon ??!@#$ - 11/04/04 12:59 PM
That's true if it's inside, and I think this thread said it is, if it's outside I believe they will drive a ground rod.
mark
Posted By: dtmf Re: Verizon ??!@#$ - 11/04/04 01:39 PM
Well I have run into this with Qwest as well , it depends on how it was ordered, sometimes we have to put the ground in for new construction and sometimes there cable crew will do it. As far as existing building there usually is already a ground for use.

We just put it in and give them an invoice. Easy money.
Posted By: Z-man Re: Verizon ??!@#$ - 11/04/04 09:06 PM
the only cable they should be responsible for is the Dmarc, which they should provide grounding for. I have never provided any type of grounding for cable unless it was building to building type feeds owned by the customer.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Verizon ??!@#$ - 11/04/04 10:31 PM
Gee, in California, SBC/Pacific Bell won't pull in your cable if you (the building owner) don't provide a 4" conduit, plywood backboard painted with fireproof paint, and a #6 building ground.
Posted By: BillyBob Re: Verizon ??!@#$ - 11/05/04 04:20 AM
I am currently doing a job for an Assisted Living center. BellSouth requested a 3-inch conduit, a backboard painted with fireproof paint, and a #6 ground. I think this is becoming the standard request from the LEC's.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help