atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: nfcphoneman Cell Phone Repeater - 11/17/04 01:14 PM
Has anyone installed a cell phone repeater? A device that boasts cell signals inside of buildings?

If so, what kind, any advice?

Thanks,
Larry
Posted By: jsaad Re: Cell Phone Repeater - 11/17/04 04:28 PM
i don't know if this works, but worth a look:

https://www.engeniustech.com/telecom/premisecell.html
Posted By: aweaver Re: Cell Phone Repeater - 11/30/04 07:24 PM
If you're working with Nextel, you can order from sandman.
https://www.sandman.com/pouches.html
scroll to bottom of page.
Posted By: bikechuck Re: Cell Phone Repeater - 12/10/04 12:48 PM
back in the analog and early digital cellular years we used to install cell-extenders all the time.Sometimes it was in a rural setting with a tower and sometimes in a large building or tunnel. Some were relatively simple, about as big as a microwave oven, with two antennae, one directional ant. pointing at the donor cell and usually another directional antennal pointing at the disired coverage area.In buildings or tunnels a so called leaky coax was used as a transmission device. Kinda like drip irrigation. The new cellphone systems with the PCS, CDMA, GSM formats most certainly have some type of cell extender capabilities. The system you use will depend on which provider you are trying to extend and will only repeat one system or format. AS far a as advice. Secure the equipment on the roof well, waterproof the heck out of antennae connectors, ground everything to spec. usually high rises have adequate grounding systems. Running coax in the building is usually not much of a problem. Sometimes they use small centrally located antennae on each floor. Plan on testing all transmission systems and antennae for return loss and insertion loss.

[This message has been edited by bikechuck (edited December 10, 2004).]
Posted By: codasco704 Re: Cell Phone Repeater - 12/10/04 02:44 PM
I saw a cellular to POTS adaptor on that page, and I've been interested in getting one. I saw CellSocket on the internet, but does anyone know of any other GSM adaptors (I have a Motorola v600)?
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Cell Phone Repeater - 12/11/04 12:40 PM
I have a cell socket hooked to our Vodavi STS. It works pretty well. Provides caller id and disconnect.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help