atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: cheeseroc System Shopping in New Jersey - 12/01/04 07:53 AM
Relevant Background:
We currently have a Sprint Protege system (or maybe thats just the phone?) with approx 42 extensions. We have 1 T1 line, which is handling our phone and internet. We have about 8 salesman nationwide with thier own offices. The system is about 8 years old.

Our goals:
A phone system with a much simpler user interface that will hopefully allow us to take a lot of the maintenance internally (switching extensions, managing voicemail, etc) or atleast a system that doesnt require site visits for this.

I've been given the task in assisting in the selection of our new phone system and I'm a bit clueless as to what I even need to be concerned about. I've read a bunch of posts on this site and the consensus is that the installer is BIG part of the equation and I shouldnt be afraid to ask the hard questions. Problem I have is that I dont know what the hard questions are!

Obviously, I'd love for someone to say "<BRAND> is the system for you" but I doubt this is going to be so easy. If there are features I need or systems i should consider or questions I should ask the our local reps, i'd love to hear from you. If you are a local rep, i'd love to hear from you too! Thanks!

--
Dave

[This message has been edited by cheeseroc (edited December 01, 2004).]
Posted By: paul144 Re: System Shopping in New Jersey - 12/01/04 11:32 AM
Well.. If you would like to have your remote salesmen be able to connect to your system, you might want to look into at least a partial VOIP solution.
As far as finding a good vendor, I would just ask around. If you are a member of the Chamber of Commerce or some other local business organization, ask some of those people.
Also, a good dealer rep will ask you a LOT more questions than you should need to ask them. That is a good tip-off as to the quality of the dealer. They should ask you a ton of questions about your business and its wants/needs in a system before they suggest a system. They should also be willing and able to explain in depth why their system is superior to others.

------------------
Intertel Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair
Posted By: capitol Re: System Shopping in New Jersey - 12/01/04 11:35 AM
Dave, You have mail.

------------------
| Telephone Systems | Voice & Data Cabling
Posted By: groundstart Re: System Shopping in New Jersey - 12/01/04 04:39 PM
CISCO VOIP IS THE WAY TO GO..........
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: System Shopping in New Jersey - 12/01/04 07:09 PM
..if you don't need any phone features.

Just kidding! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

[This message has been edited by Coral Tech (edited December 01, 2004).]
Posted By: Mark K. Re: System Shopping in New Jersey - 12/01/04 07:14 PM
contact Capitol, he's in your area and has proved himself on this board many times.
mark
Posted By: Milestone Re: System Shopping in New Jersey - 12/11/04 03:05 PM
Dave,

I also sent you an email

Chris

------------------
One stop Voice and Data Solutions VoIP
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help