atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: groundstart Allworx Products - 12/28/04 10:08 AM
Has anybody heard of Allworx VOIP switch/pbx server?

Mitch
Posted By: jjimm Re: Allworx Products - 12/28/04 10:31 AM
I attended a sales presentation where the product seemed capable. As far as reliability, jitter and delay factors during actual usage remains to be seen . Pricing is average.

I would put it on a level with 3com VOIP, and consider it a viable VOIP alternative.
Posted By: groundstart Re: Allworx Products - 12/28/04 06:04 PM
How does this differ from a phone system that is VOIP ready.

Also I checked out the retail price of this product and it costs more then the phone system I sell.

I am interested inhandling a product like this, but how do I justify the price to a customer?

And how can this product be better then a pure IP/VOIP phone system.
Posted By: jjimm Re: Allworx Products - 12/28/04 09:06 PM
That depends upon the system. Some "VOIP ready" systems are more ready than others. The main difference as I see it is that systems like the Allworx are targeting the medium-sized businesses, which can use their own WAN network. Many of the VOIP-ready systems need to plug into a WAN, and their only VOIP-readiness is that they can use VOIP phones as well as digital phones.

The only advantage I see for systems like the Allworx is free toll.LD calls between offices. I would like to know any other advantages over digital phone systems as well!
Posted By: Milestone Re: Allworx Products - 12/30/04 07:49 AM
The Allworx offers a complete Enterprise solution for SMB's they offer unified messaging, group calenders and contacts, they are actually currently targeting smaller companies in the 40 user range, on average you are looking at about $600 a seat installed for a fully bundled package including VPN. Downside is that they don't have an attendants console either as a standard handset or an econsole. For a new installation where you only need to pull one data drop to each location they become more cost effective.

------------------
One stop Voice and Data Solutions VoIP
Posted By: Corwyn Re: Allworx Products - 12/31/04 12:53 PM
Just curioius, how did you arrive at the $600 per seat figure?

Corwyn
Posted By: Milestone Re: Allworx Products - 01/01/05 11:54 AM
That came directly from Allworx, there are not too many variables if you go with their handsets, either a bundled or unbundled package, one time VPN license fee and I believe in 5.1 they will also offer ACD as an enhancement.

------------------
One stop Voice and Data Solutions VoIP
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help