atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JackG DID systems - 12/31/04 09:05 AM
Where I had an travel agency office for 16 years, they have a DID system that was a product of an "Office Alternative" franchise, but is still in daily use under anther company name. Currently they have 100 numbers fron SBC (in CT) and use the same 16 year old equipment. The equipment has 2 to 4 incoming lines; displays a message on a small montor as to what line is ringing in for identification and a chance to give a customized answer. This system tracks all calls for each account daily for billing and allows the owner to assign a new number in minutes to a new account. I would like to duplicate this system in Ohio (in Verizon teritory) with a system that we could point 12 toll free numbers to for customized answering of incoming calls. The tracking and billing option is not that important now but might be in the future. We curently need 2 to 4 stations for phone answering. The simplier, cost effect systems would be best.
Thanks..!! Happy New Year
Posted By: JOHNYREB Re: DID systems - 01/02/05 08:07 AM
The type of equpment you are describing sounds like answering service equipment not your typical call center or or ACD environment. If I understand your needs, you are needing to personalize your answer phrase depending on the number that is dialed in and possibly be able to bill that particualr client in the future for the call. You may want to chek out answering service eq. vendors. Here's a pretty good list of vendors. https://www.connectionsmagazine.com/BG/listbuy.html

We are curently using a unit by Startel for our answering service but it may be overkill for what you need. The only other one I've had experience with on that list is Amtelco and they might have a smaller system that will do what you are looking for. With our current set up, we can give all our customers the same 800 number to forward to and we are able to determine who the call is for by using the DNIS inforamtion. The clients information pops onto the screen and the caller ID of the caller is automaticly inserted in the message field.

------------------
Never criticize a man without walking a mile in his shoes...... by then you'll be a mile away, plus you've got his shoes.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help