atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phoneguywayne VOIP Questions - 01/05/05 02:26 PM
Hi I have been reading the Q&A on here for a while and there are some very smart people on there. I got a request to provide some VOIP information to a group of librarys in this area. They want to be able to be able to call the other members in the group to avoid the long distance charges. Is all VOIP telephones, systems or is there some that are single line phones. Telus is in the process of setting up supernet in this area so the librarys will be on a fibre link. Any information or web site would be a great help. Thanks again Stay warm cold here.
Posted By: dtmf Re: VOIP Questions - 01/05/05 02:32 PM
It depends on if you are installing a system or just need VOIP lines, You can go either way. What exactly do you need?
Posted By: Milestone Re: VOIP Questions - 01/05/05 04:44 PM
Sound like a Vonage solution would be the most cost effective way to go, but as DTMF said you need to provide more info.

------------------
One stop Voice and Data Solutions VoIP
Posted By: phoneguywayne Re: VOIP Questions - 01/05/05 09:50 PM
I was partly wanting to learn something about the subject also the customer is looking to tie all the librarys togeather. I think he would have to have a VOIP telephone system at the main site and then have locals at each site then they could call between sites, I think.What is a Vonage Solution? From what I understand is that VOIP is fairly expensive yet and it's main application is to do intercity or across country call transfer. The main thing that I'm interested in learning about it. Thanks again for your help.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: VOIP Questions - 01/06/05 05:02 AM
Never forget Centrex or good old fashioned OPX circuits either.
Posted By: Milestone Re: VOIP Questions - 01/06/05 05:51 AM
You don't have to install a VoIP switch for what you are trying to do (unless you have the budget for it ) Vonage is a VoIP provider, basically you would set each location up with a Vonage account, the number of lines per location would more than likely vary this provides you with very aggresive LD and local calling rates plus all calls on the network (Vonage customers) are free. You would need to install a media gateway at each location this would be connected to your existing equipment through CO ports. For my money this would be the most cost effective way to achieve your end goal.
Vonage has rolled out a business plus plan which

------------------
One stop Voice and Data Solutions VoIP
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help