atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: groundstart MOZILLA PROBLEMS - 01/07/05 05:02 PM
some strange things r starting to happen to Mozilla, and I cant figure out if its the "Gates Curse" or something else.......

Anytime I load a website that has java on it, half the time the website crashes.........
I have SunJava loaded and running and every plugin that is described on Mozilla website....

And its making me mental.............
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: MOZILLA PROBLEMS - 01/07/05 07:01 PM
i have some other weird issues too with firefox.

my home page is msnbc.com (bill's home you know)

i have to hit reload several times because of this error: Network Error
Unable to read URL from host www.msnbc.msn.com: Not in GZIP format

and then there are some days when i cannot open up my homepage in firefox at all. i have to go use ie6 to view it. i don't get an error or anything. it just won't load.

it's bill curse for not using his products
Posted By: Crabb Re: MOZILLA PROBLEMS - 01/10/05 08:30 AM
What version are you running? I have not seen any of those issues!
I am running Ver. 1.0 on Win2K
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: MOZILLA PROBLEMS - 01/10/05 04:51 PM
1.0 on xp pro with sp2
Posted By: groundstart Re: MOZILLA PROBLEMS - 01/10/05 05:08 PM
same here.........

so the problems seem to happen when a page loads that has java script..........

I went to the sun java website and dl'ed the required plugins.......still no solving.....

same page loads fine in Billy's Browzer.......
Posted By: Crabb Re: MOZILLA PROBLEMS - 01/11/05 10:26 AM
Not sure as I have not had any problems with FF but the only difference is I am not using SP2 on my XP Pro machine. So maybe there is a problem with SP2 and FF. Maybe check the Mozilla Support Forums.
It could be a JS ad - I block all ads on every page so that I don't even see the ads on sites. Not just pop-ups but the actual ads that display on their page. So I may not be allowing the JS to run for those ads. Not sure

[This message has been edited by Crabb (edited January 11, 2005).]
Posted By: Z-man Re: MOZILLA PROBLEMS - 01/11/05 05:05 PM
Keep in mind too, that some websites can only be properly displayed using IE. Also try downloading the latest version of FF.
Posted By: dtmf Re: MOZILLA PROBLEMS - 01/11/05 06:11 PM
I can say that I don't have your problems either with my FF, everything loads fine but I still can't turn these damn lights off!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help