atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ronorr Qestions about Iwatsu - 01/15/05 04:37 PM
This forum seems to be full of great topics.

I continue down the road of choosing a phone system for my company. I have a few questions about a proposal that I have received.

I have received pricing from Tadiran, Mitel, Siemens, Avaya (those monthly service fees are a killer) and Iwatsu. I am waiting on pricing from Panasonic and NEC. All of the pricing that I have received has been based off of a RFP that I worked up. All the system appear to be comparable in functions and equipment

The question that I have is. All the system thus far has been comparable in price except for Iwatsu. All the other systems are within $10,000 of each other. Iwatsu come in about $100,000 dollars less than the others. According to the sales rep. it has all of the same functionality as the other system except for the outbound call back function. The sales rep said that he could a third party piece of equipment for around $3,000 to $5,000 that would take care of that.

Is the Iwatsu system to good to be true or is it a piece of junk or are the other companies trying to pull a fast one on me?

Please let me know of your thoughts on Iwatsu and any other areas that I need to watch out for with the system.

Quick info on the proposed system

Enterprise-CS in two locations with 2 expansion cabinets

Loaded Enterprise TOL Elite Messaging system

Enterprise ACD Contact system with Taske reporting package

OmegaTrek wireless systems

The system has just about every option they offer.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Qestions about Iwatsu - 01/15/05 05:22 PM
Myself personally,I like Iwatsu. Have been involved supporting Iwatsu since early 80's. Still have quite a few in service 15 years plus. The only thing I don't like is that in a campus network environment you used to couldn't have more than 476 (approx) total ports. Have the dealer give you 5 Iwatsu refences of comparable size and options. More often than not it's the dealer rather than the equipment that makes the difference. Iwatsu used to have the lowest out of box failure-don't know if they still do. The downside may be if you buy and don't like the service company...how many other Iwatsu dealers are in the area?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Qestions about Iwatsu - 01/15/05 08:06 PM
100k? Something doesn't sound right. In that size range you shouldn't have that big of a difference unless something is definately not apparent or equal. The first question you need to pose, to yourself, is this apples to apples or is there something critical that you are missing. Hopefully this isn't something they are trying to "shoe-horn" you into knowing they are going to make it up on the back end by either MACs or knowing you have more coming later. RFP's can roast you if you are not careful.
Posted By: fonetech36 Re: Qestions about Iwatsu - 01/16/05 08:37 PM
i have been working with iwatsu phones for about a year now. i was certified on the system about 5 months ago. they just don't seem to break down. the only service we do is moves adds and changes. they also have some nice voip equipment on the market that is quite nice to work with so far. i would say definitely worth considering. as far as the cost aspect 100k does sound a bit far out there, but have beat the local telrad, mitel, nec, and other dealers on smaller systems quite routinely.....haven't heard a bad word about them yet.
Posted By: Z-man Re: Qestions about Iwatsu - 01/17/05 06:57 AM
Iwatsu is a good system, and there ACD is very good. I agree with Coral in the price difference. something is not right. What are the other types of systems by model number you are gettings quotes on?

How many phones? voice mail? expandability?
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help