atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: rclguy Spectralink site survey ? - 02/09/05 07:45 AM
we just got a new clint that already have spectralink wireless phone on his norstar mics. they are using 3 link 150 and 6 base stations and about 15 phones. They want us to had some coverage to their system. They have the installation manual, but i cant find the procedure to do a site survey. does anyone know how to do this.

thank you
Posted By: dialtone Re: Spectralink site survey ? - 02/09/05 08:52 AM
If you go onto their web site, I believe you will find documentation as to the range of each base station and when you run your wires, leave about 25 feet of cable in case you have to move a base station.
Posted By: rclguy Re: Spectralink site survey ? - 02/09/05 11:53 AM
I already been to their web site and read their documentation. My problem is that the site in question is like a big giant fridge with a lots of smalls rooms 400 to 20000 square feet and their bases signals is having a hard time getting through certain wall, so i wanted to know if they was a way to test the range of thier base before running cables
Posted By: dialtone Re: Spectralink site survey ? - 02/09/05 02:10 PM
I have only installed these on one system and it was about a year ago but I think the base has to be connected to the mcu. I do know that when the customer purchase the units, spectralink gave them a location (based on their building diagram) as to where to mount the base units and they worked great.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: Spectralink site survey ? - 02/10/05 06:56 PM
The Base stations should pick up the spectraLink phones through the walls.
Watch out for overlapping of base stations, they will cancel each other out. We put alot of these in Hotels. On the first floor we put a base station at each end of the hall and on the second floor we put one in the middle. The third floor is like the first and the fourth floor is like the second.
Just remember the MCU can only handle 4 base stations. You can link more MCU's together but this stuff is expensive
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help