atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: sundance Sundance Color - 08/07/12 11:29 PM
Posted By: sundance Re: Sundance Color - 08/08/12 01:06 AM
I will be placing the site in dark color mode at night to get a feel for it, and light color during the day.
Posted By: tantivy Re: Sundance Color - 08/08/12 01:16 AM
I would say light as the default, with dark as an option.. I just set my preferences to ubbthreads_default, and got the light one back..
Posted By: justbill Re: Sundance Color - 08/08/12 01:24 AM
In your preferences under "Your preferred stylesheet" there's a drop down menu you can change as tantivy stated. Just to make it easier for you to find if needed.
Posted By: sundance Re: Sundance Color - 08/08/12 01:29 AM
You can typically install several different styles, you don't have to limit it to one or the other!

To edit your profile for the light color or dark by going into MY Stuff, Edit Preferences, then to Your preferred stylesheet and then click on the drop down and select ubbthreads_stock
Posted By: tantivy Re: Sundance Color - 08/08/12 01:42 AM
I should clarify that the styles have to be installed on the bboard..
Posted By: paulw Re: Sundance Color - 08/08/12 08:43 PM
Speaking of color. How do I now tell what posts are new since my last visit?? They used to have a red icon on the old board..
Posted By: justbill Re: Sundance Color - 08/08/12 09:07 PM
They are flagged on the left on the index page. It changes color from flagged to unflagged.
Posted By: Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie Re: Sundance Color - 08/09/12 05:02 AM
Thank you justbill for telling me that I can go to the bottom of the page and flip the arrow at ubbthreads_stock and turn the darkness into light, the dark screen was driving me crazy.

It took a bit of getting used to with all the changes, but I don't see anything to complain about, just getting used to time and I still don't understand the boxes under a post, reply?

Quote is the same, Quick reply? Quick Quote? Notify? I don't think any of us know what they are but they could be useful.

Some of us are as old, well really old and we could use lessons.

It is a nice upgrade, a lot of hard work I am sure, and Thanks, Bracha
Posted By: hbiss Re: Sundance Color - 08/09/12 08:21 PM
I really think you need to lose the "Who's Online" and the "Top Posters" on the left. It just clutters up the screen with useless information.

I also see that the shoutbox is now getting tech questions from the general public instead of them posting in the appropriate forums. Make the shout box available only to members, preferably installers on up.

-Hal
Posted By: paulw Re: Sundance Color - 08/09/12 08:25 PM
[quote=justbill]They are flagged on the left on the index page. It changes color from flagged to unflagged. [/quote] I normally go directly to the Forum (NEC). I just did that now and saw a new post from 37 minutes ago but the left panel said no new posts and was white in color..
Posted By: justbill Re: Sundance Color - 08/11/12 04:30 PM
One thing I noticed is if I go into a forum, even though I don't really read any post, it unflags it. Could that be what's happening to you Paul? Sorry for the delayed response, but I've been on the road.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help