atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: oisuposo Four Line Analog Recommendations. - 09/25/12 05:39 PM
I tried finding reviews of 4 line analog phones to see which product is most reliable. Customer had variety of AT&T models, wants to get away from them, mainly cuz keep changing models. Panasonic seems to be a crap shoot. Cortelco has high failure rate. Any recommendations for reliable sets? Lots of features not desired. Thanks for your time.
Posted By: justbill Re: Four Line Analog Recommendations. - 09/25/12 06:18 PM
Price him a XBlue x16. I think they'd be happier with that.

All I've ever mess with were the AT&T
Posted By: dexman Re: Four Line Analog Recommendations. - 09/25/12 06:49 PM
A small Partner ACS system would be a nice fit.
Posted By: Wellco Re: Four Line Analog Recommendations. - 09/25/12 08:11 PM
Like Bill said I would look at the X16...cost effective and features for your user !!!

...bob...
Posted By: metelcom Re: Four Line Analog Recommendations. - 09/25/12 09:50 PM
How many phones do they need?

TransTel Lynx would be my recommendation unless several phones are needed then I would use a Lynx II or G1E
Posted By: MnDave Re: Four Line Analog Recommendations. - 09/26/12 06:38 PM
Do you really want to keep going the Non-KSU route? If so, you don't really have too many choices. But I don't think any of the commercial installers here have much to say about any of them.

When I've seen over 5 of the four line phones installed, reports of cross talk start creeping in.

The small systems that have been mentioned really won't break the bank and will give you a much richer service.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Four Line Analog Recommendations. - 09/26/12 07:55 PM
I agree with either the X-16 or the Lynx. The X16 is very easy to program by the end user. The Lynx I haven't had the pleasure yet, but found the Transtel very flexible.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Four Line Analog Recommendations. - 09/27/12 12:06 AM
All those multi-line KSU less phones are consumer items with all the problems that go with them as you discovered. A small key system actually works out cheaper in the long run.

-Hal
Posted By: Silversam Re: Four Line Analog Recommendations. - 09/27/12 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by hbiss
All those multi-line KSU less phones are consumer items with all the problems that go with them as you discovered. A small key system actually works out cheaper in the long run.

-Hal

Absolutely. Years ago I had a customer that wanted 2,3 & 4 line KSU-less phones (behind a CO switch that didn't offer digital sets). They thought they would save a boatload of money. Within a year all that were left were the two line units. The rest had been replaced by electronic sets on KSUs.

Sam
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Four Line Analog Recommendations. - 09/27/12 01:50 PM
About 4 years ago, we had an attorney that was all set to put in those "4-line" phones. In fact, he went to Staples and bought them, but the particular set didn't have voice mail, and he didn't have any wiring in the building :-)

We converted it into a Panasonic system sale with voice mail and he's had no problems with it at all. I think they were about $150 (that could be either 130 or 170) average per set. Not only did he get his phones and network installed, he also got call accounting to reconcile his time in the price. Sure, it was more money, but he got a lot more features.

Posted By: MnDave Re: Four Line Analog Recommendations. - 09/27/12 03:53 PM
we had an attorney that was all set to put in those "4-line" phones
I shudder to think about a lawyer using something that is prone to cross-talk.
Posted By: Rcaman Re: Four Line Analog Recommendations. - 09/28/12 02:49 PM
A 50L from ESI with 24 button phones is cheap and extremely reliable. You get VM and AA with that system, but you don't have to use it. The standard package is 4 lines by 8 key sets and 2 SLT.

Rcaman
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Four Line Analog Recommendations. - 09/28/12 02:58 PM
Just for fun, I went to my local Staples website. The main 4-line phone with answering machine is $189 and the other phones are $139 and you still end up with crap and have to wire a pair if RJ-14 jacks at each location. That and the fact you can't use a single line set across all lines ought to be a deal breaker in anyone's system.

Oh, RCA has a goofy cordless that's mated to a single PHONE.
It ain't cheap.

Carl
Posted By: metelcom Re: Four Line Analog Recommendations. - 09/28/12 03:32 PM
I agree with you Carl. Once you go over 3 phones it will cost more for the multi line phones and require much more labor to wire. A small key system not only is cheaper but will offer many more features and expandable in the future.
Posted By: DT98 Re: Four Line Analog Recommendations. - 11/16/12 08:47 PM
Been using the AT&T SB67138 four line cordless phone system for awhile. We use it for basic functions only and do not use the AA/VM functions. It's been working pretty good for a SOHO system.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help