atcomsystems.ca/forum
I had a customer ready to replace a troublesome Partner with an X-Blue X-16 (4 lines, 6 phones and voicemail) but his wife chirped in and the phones HAD to be BEIGE.

Other than more Partners, what is there out there that has BEIGE phones?

Thanks, Bracha
Posted By: dexman Re: Inexpensive BEIGE system - 12/04/12 10:52 AM
Why not just replace the defective part? While Nortel telephone systems are discontinued, would they accept a Norstar?
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Inexpensive BEIGE system - 12/04/12 12:16 PM
Bring in a Sand Beige phone and ask her again. There must be something else working here because you can upgrade the processor to an R8 and fix all your troubles. Other than that, a Nortel, a Vodavi, and possibly NEC DSX's make light colored phones. Since the Vodavi has been MD'd for several years (Starplus 61614) you're going to have a hard time finding color.

Carl
Posted By: tampasteve Re: Inexpensive BEIGE system - 12/04/12 01:03 PM
Xblue phones also come in "Titanium" silver color, and red and blue (probably one of the most amount of colors on the market now). Maybe Panasonic? Their phones come in black and white. NEC DSX also has black and white telephones.
Posted By: TA in KC Re: Inexpensive BEIGE system - 12/04/12 03:10 PM
You might know this already, but if they decide to go with a used Norstar, you can buy replacement beige (ash) housings for the M-series phones from Refurb Supplies. They're cheap, great quality, and look every bit as good as the original ones.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Inexpensive BEIGE system - 12/04/12 04:14 PM
I have to go with repairing. They must like the color sets they have so stick with it. Less then going new.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Inexpensive BEIGE system - 12/04/12 05:58 PM
The white (beige) Partner phones are tough to get on the refurb market and when you do find them they are expensive and might not be the one you want.

-Hal
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: Inexpensive BEIGE system - 12/04/12 08:57 PM
I believe the color is called Misty Creme. Color suffix -215.

As opposed to white, -58, ivory -50, or beige -60.
Posted By: jwooten Re: Inexpensive BEIGE system - 12/04/12 11:33 PM
XBlue used to offer a custom logo. Perhaps this is something the customer may go for.
Posted By: ttech Re: Inexpensive BEIGE system - 12/05/12 12:44 AM
Avaya's Misty cream which the partners were, is a close match to the White NEC DSX Phones.

If they are beige it is because they have discolored to that color.
Posted By: 1864 Re: Inexpensive BEIGE system - 12/05/12 02:02 AM
I would get some paint color sample cards from a paint store or Lowes, from white to brown and ask the lady which one she prefers. We all know what beige is but some people confuse it with ash, ivory, or even light brown. When I think of beige, I think of the butt ugly W.E. 2500 sets.
If she can't live without that color another option would be to get them professionally painted with no-odor paint, but if they were new phones it would void the warranty when you take them apart.

Don't ya hate when someone makes a request like that?
We are telephone installers not interior decoraters!
Posted By: hbiss Re: Inexpensive BEIGE system - 12/05/12 05:35 AM
Are their existing Partner phones white?

-Hal
The partner phones they have look real beige not painted or yellowed.
Posted By: dexman Re: Inexpensive BEIGE system - 12/06/12 02:33 AM
Partner system telephones were not "beige" per-se. Are the phones MLSs or Euro 1s?

Here is an example of a white MLS telephone.
Posted By: 1864 Re: Inexpensive BEIGE system - 12/06/12 04:52 AM
https://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx103/megapixel18/beige.jpg

Google beige
laugh
Posted By: 1864 Re: Inexpensive BEIGE system - 12/06/12 05:59 AM
PS- Good Luck!
It is always the cheapest people who live in the most expensive places that are the pickiest. Isn't that some kind of rule or law or something?

Thanks all, Bracha
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Inexpensive BEIGE system - 12/07/12 01:25 PM
Deep pockets and short arms.
Posted By: Silversam Re: Inexpensive BEIGE system - 12/07/12 02:17 PM
Leona Helmsley insisted on a Gold phone for the lobby of the Helmsley Park Lane Hotel. No one made one (2565). She, of course, wouldn't pay extra for one. It just HAD TO BE THERE at cutover.

We took an ITT cocoa brown set apart and spray painted it. We also sprayed about a dozen cords and left them in the switch room for repair to use as they cracked.

You do what you have to for demented customers, or you walk away.

Sam
Posted By: MnDave Re: Inexpensive BEIGE system - 12/08/12 02:21 PM
Sam, Didn't WE once make gold phones for special commemorative purposes? I recall installing a 2564 once for a customer. I think it was plated since it was so shiny.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Inexpensive BEIGE system - 12/09/12 08:45 PM
Duhhh! Don't know why I didn't think of it but Panasonic still has "gray" phones that are similar to the Avaya "white" (at least when you took them out of the box brand new). I have handset cords that I use interchangeably for both.

-Hal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help