atcomsystems.ca/forum
https://www.panasonic.com/business/psna/products-retail-information-systems/drive-thru/attune.aspx

Above link is for the Panasonic PSNA drive through headsets for fast food locations where the car talks to a speaker and a person inside takes an order..

Currently my customer is using a Norstar CICS in his restaurant with Mike Sandman handsets that are Push to Talk and Volume Control Wheel to take phone orders and they get a lot of dropping etc. and would like a standard over the ear headset like the Panasonic which does not as far as we know (contact info sent) plug in to any phone system.

Does anyone have a better solution? They need the push to talk as pages occur and it is noisy.

Thanks, Bracha
Are they taking drive thru orders from the menu board or are they looking to take call in orders via the telephone?
Everything is inside at one, possibly two Nortel phones that really need noise cancelling because of the paging (which could be taken care of by a page repeater, BUT the background noise would still require noise cancelling.)

In addition, he needs the push to talk because the background noise is still too bad with the noise cancelling, yes I know how good the noise cancelling is supposed to be but...

And Mike puts in the volume control wheel, a real plus.

So you have one poor person standing in a terrible environment which the Panasonic PSNA is designed for, but I think no way to hook up to either an ATA (ATA2) or a headset port on the M7208.

Was hoping someone knew of another type of fast food headset that would integrate via analog port or headset jack. I have never had a fast food customer so this is out of my experience.

Thanks, Bracha
Are they taking drive thru orders from the menu board or are they looking to take call in orders via the telephone?

Which is it? Are the orders from the drive-up or from customers calling in on the phone?

This needs to be wireless as well? Don't know but the first place I would look is at Jabra and Plantronics.

-Hal
I purchase all of my medications from the local Walgreens. They have a drive-up with a speaker and mic set-up (I don't know a brand or a model number) and use a M7310 or M7208 set (using the handset) to talk and hear from the drive-up. JFYI
I'm confused as to just what your looking for. The Panasonic uses a menu speaker with headsets for the staff. If they have this why do they need telephones? If your looking for communications from a phone to a headset use a cordless phone with headset. If you want to talk with menu speaker use a Viking door box. I have worked with fastfood drive thru for over 35 years and never saw one connected to telephone but I do have some pharmacies that do that.
They want staff to talk to callers from the outside calling in on CO lines, sorry I didn't make it clear.

The regular Mike Sandman handsets get dropped and break and the Panasonic units are hands free just not able to plug into the phone.

I will check out wallgreens in the area, the one by me has no drivethrough.

Thanks, still working on this.
This afternoon, I went to Walgreen's to pick up some meds. This is what the front of the drive up drawer had on it. "Transaction Drawer E.F. Banis & Associates, Inc. P.O. Box 337, Maineville, Ohio 45039 313-677-0500" That all I know. Good Luck.
Thanks, it looks like they are out of business, phone does not go through, no listing on Google, such is life but I appreciate the effort so much, Bracha

PS Your post was the first and only hit for E F Banis, Google picked it up in hours.
Found this for a company called E F Bavis, looks like the same product that JW was taking about.

https://www.bavis.com/asp/product.asp?ID=43
Thanks, will check this out tomorrow morning and it does work with a phone system.

Thanks so much, Bracha
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help