atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: groundstart WEBSITE. - 03/18/05 10:08 AM
I recently switched my website and hosting to GODADDY. Great prices and service. I redid my website and would like to have some of you give me your feedback on it.

Do you think its took cluttered?

Thank you. BTW, this is not a cheap plug for me...

www.GetwiredByMitch.com
Posted By: dtmf Re: WEBSITE. - 03/18/05 10:13 AM
Your links are scattered, you should put them all on your pages to make it much easier to navigate. Other then that it looks fine.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: WEBSITE. - 03/18/05 12:02 PM
yeah, you can't see the links on my screen when the page comes up cause they are all the way at the bottom. If you just get them up where they hit you in the eye, that would do it.
Posted By: groundstart Re: WEBSITE. - 03/18/05 12:22 PM
r u using mozilla or explorer to view them....

when you say scattered, I have them composed to the right on my service page and in the middle on the cell phone page.

the reason i am asking is cause i have found thta explorer and mozilla display things differently on my computer., I wonder why...
Posted By: groundstart Re: WEBSITE. - 03/18/05 12:23 PM
oh i see what you mean by the links....i will move them up..
Posted By: Mark K. Re: WEBSITE. - 03/18/05 12:52 PM
i use explorer, and I only looked at the opening page.
mark
Posted By: yzark40 Re: WEBSITE. - 03/18/05 01:47 PM
Other than moving up the links. looks good.
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: WEBSITE. - 03/18/05 03:18 PM
I looked at in both explorer and firefox and it looked pretty much the same in both. Other than the links, its a pretty sharp design. I don't like "busy" web-sites with lots of java and flash.

Kerry
Posted By: groundstart Re: WEBSITE. - 03/18/05 05:34 PM
I redid the links, tell me if they are ok....

GODADDY;s website tonight designer is a little freaky to work with.

But I gotta tell ya their prices.

I had Network Solutions and was paying 12 bucks a month for the hosting of my website. GD's price was 44 bucks for the whole year and I transfered my domain name for only 4 bucks.,

NOW if they would only send over that girl that was in the super bowl ad I might renew up through 2010........
Posted By: dtmf Re: WEBSITE. - 03/18/05 05:54 PM
May I ask why you don't design and maintain it yourself?
The links are much better but they are still at the bottom of your pages, I would bring them up and move them to the left under your art work. Just a suggestion.
Posted By: Test-ok Re: WEBSITE. - 03/19/05 08:38 AM
The biggest thing with a web site is content and the ability to be found when key words are searched.
high ranking pages will have a lot of external and internal links. Important links should be close to the top of a page, as stated above and you should also rename the pages from "page5" to a keyword, like NEC_Phone_Systems.htm. When naming a page use underscore"_" for spaces. The look of your site is fine, however I would make the picture about half that size.
good luck

------------------
| Need a Telephone | Telephone Installers
Posted By: chuck Re: WEBSITE. - 03/20/05 10:11 AM
"Its all about our dedication to quality customer care that has enabled us to provide countless businesses with the finest sales, service and support for their telephone system."

Would read better:

Our dedication to quality customer care has enabled us to provide countless businesses with the finest sales, service and support for their telephone systems.

In addition, in the second graph it should be “flawlessly”.

[This message has been edited by chuck (edited March 20, 2005).]
Posted By: groundstart Re: WEBSITE. - 03/20/05 11:52 AM
Made the changes, appreciate the help. You have to understand I got my schooling from New Jursey, er...I mean New Jorsey........

Mitch
Posted By: WRichey Re: WEBSITE. - 03/21/05 06:31 AM
Hey Mitch I looked at wst_page4.html the links need to be adjusted but the pic is great I set all of my pages to 800x600 so the images and links dont move around on different size screens and resolutions

Nice Site tho.

------------------
Altcomm @ A.S.E Inc
[Linked Image from altcomm.com]
Posted By: WRichey Re: WEBSITE. - 03/21/05 06:37 AM
Me again I was looking at all of the pages and the links move according to the text or images around them. Maybe a shared border or layer and the links up under your main image still a good site tho
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: WEBSITE. - 03/21/05 08:33 AM
I agree with previous comments. With the limited amount of stuff you have on the main page, it would look better and be easier to view if it fit on one page without needing to scroll. Also, I think your links should be along the side (left or right), and this should be common across all of your pages, so navigation between pages is easier and more intuitive.

------------------
[Linked Image from sigcomsys.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA |

| Telephone Systems, Voicemail Syste... & Data Cabling - Central Valley, CA
Posted By: WRichey Re: WEBSITE. - 03/22/05 05:58 AM
Kinda like 5years site I like the way his links are on one side and all but the scroll on his is long (my site sucks but thats lack of content and design skills) but like I said I like the concept of your site. does that program you use have a tuff learning curve? we use go live and frontpage the reason is 89% of the people that view our site are ie users and front page does a great job of optimizing it.

------------------
Altcomm @ A.S.E Inc
[Linked Image from altcomm.com]
Posted By: Xaqte Re: WEBSITE. - 03/22/05 06:10 AM
I've always found that once the page you are designing is valid, it is alot easier to make changes or troubleshoot.

Check it out HERE

[This message has been edited by Xaqte (edited March 22, 2005).]
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help