atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bfen3774 Phone System Conundrum - 02/13/13 05:29 PM
Hello most beneficent and honorable phone gurus,

I'm the marketing director of my company. I must admit, I know little to nothing about phone systems. That being said, we are looking into a better phone option for the company.

Here's the situation:

We have several sales locations(11), all across the country, and one corporate location. Each location has its own phone setup, not even sure how to label it.

What were trying to do:

Implement a system in place to allow the transfer of calls between the sales locations and corporate.

Example:

My Lead Qualifier(LQ) here at corporate calls a lead and talks to someone who is interested in our product. The LQ then needs to transfer the customer call to the appropriate sales location in another state. All without hanging up or having the sales person call the customer back.

Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you.

-Brandon
Posted By: upstateny Re: noob question - 02/13/13 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by bfen3774
Hello most beneficent and honorable phone gurus,

I'm the marketing director of my company. I must admit, I know little to nothing about phone systems. That being said, we are looking into a better phone option for the company.

Here's the situation:

We have several sales locations(11), all across the country, and one corporate location. Each location has its own phone setup, not even sure how to label it.

What were trying to do:

Implement a system in place to allow the transfer of calls between the sales locations and corporate.

Example:

My Lead Qualifier(LQ) here at corporate calls a lead and talks to someone who is interested in our product. The LQ then needs to transfer the customer call to the appropriate sales location in another state. All without hanging up or having the sales person call the customer back.

Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you.

-Brandon

piece of cake .... assuming you have the proper connections between your sites

if you don't have private links and use the internet you will be subject to quality issues

where are you located??
Posted By: bfen3774 Re: noob question - 02/13/13 05:43 PM
Thanks for the quick response. We(corporate) are located in Arizona. Each of our sales locations has their own 800 numbers and (I think) have their own but differing providers.
Posted By: Rcaman Re: noob question - 02/13/13 08:51 PM
Your question requires more qualifying questions.

1. Each location now has it's own telephone system. The exact make and model of each system needs to be known, including the equipment population. (cabinets, modules, etc.)

2. You can achieve VOIP connections providing each location has high speed network connectivity. Does each location have high speed internet connections? (T-1, FiOS, XFinity, etc.)

3. If the systems are disparate, then you need to consider either a national solution meaning a company, such as AT&T would provide services to each location which would all have it's terminus at the corporate location; or you would need to change all the phone systems to phone systems that can interconnect via VOIP or, in the case of older PBX equipment, tie lines. Does your company have a budget for such an endeavor?

4. Finally, have you investigated having one national 800 number which can be locally directed, geographically, to the individual locations? This service is costly, per month, but does not require a substantial capital outlay and can be implemented more quickly than the other options. With this service, the individual calls from the remote offices can be transferred to the corporate office. The telephone equipment at the corporate office may need to be upgraded to accommodate an increase of central office lines, either POTS or T-1/PRI.

Rcaman
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: noob question - 02/14/13 12:02 AM
A couple of suggestions
1. best solution would be to look at AVAVA IP Office. Would do everything you need andthensome
2 Your a perfict canadate for a Hosted solution.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: noob question - 02/14/13 12:31 AM
Contact your local Avaya Business Partner and they can come out and give you an evaluation and solution.

I would recommend the Avaya IP Office and MPLS circuits.
Posted By: upstateny Re: noob question - 02/14/13 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by hitechcomm
A couple of suggestions
1. best solution would be to look at AVAVA IP Office. Would do everything you need andthensome
2 Your a perfict canadate for a Hosted solution.

almost every manufacturer makes equipment that will do what you want ...... no need whatsoever to limit it to Avaya

call in multiple vendors and see who you like
Posted By: Anonymous Re: noob question - 02/21/13 07:08 PM
Cheep tempary fix.... make sure all of your telephone lines have the Call Transfer option from your service providers (kind of works like 3 way calling) When a call comes in anywhere the answering party can flash the line then dial the telephone number where the call should go (includeing cell phone numbers) have the second party that answers to direct the call at their location and then hang up and the customer should be where they need to be. It isn't very fast and takes a lot of steps but will work.
Posted By: Bob@tcsmn Re: noob question - 02/22/13 04:11 PM
2 Your a perfict canadate for a Hosted solution.[/quote]

What is the criteria for a organization that is a candidate for a hosted solution? Has anyone run into Comcast Business Voice Edge. It looks like that is a hosted solution.
Posted By: hbiss Re: noob question - 02/22/13 04:24 PM
A lot of the cable companies are offering hosted services now. A natural progression for their voice offerings I suppose- and more unwanted competition for us.

-Hal
Posted By: Hoover87 Re: noob question - 04/20/13 02:25 PM
A hosted solution is the first thing that popped in to my head as well for the OP.

Unless they have deep pockets or a large number of users at each of the 11 sales locations, it's a no brainer.
Posted By: JD-TC Re: noob question - 05/01/13 02:25 AM
I agree with The Hosted Option being a great option.

11 separate locations/locals. Likeliness of 1 carrier handling them all ( Affordably) is unlikely. With a quality hosted solution, you can get circuits from that provider where available/affordable, and BYOB ( bring your own bandwidth) where needed from whoever is available.

Make sure to get quality equipment and a reputable company to install and go over how you want the system to work , specifically, ahead of time.
I like Polycom phones and Edgewater QOS devices but there are many , many others out there.

Jason
Posted By: doghart Re: noob question - 05/17/13 12:18 AM
Hosted or Shoretel.

I have a corperate headquarters here in Denver with 60+ stations and 25 other offices scattered throughout the US. They use the internet to connect Shoretel Ip stations back to the HQ via Sonicwall routers.

Windstream can route their local and 800# traffic into the Denver PRI circuits and we route the calls out to the satellite offices. Clients have no clue their calls are routing though Denver, they are dialing their own area code.

If you're considering hosted, I strongly recommend Freedom Voice. One of the few hosted solution with NO CONTRACT and their service is top notch.

That's my 2cents
Posted By: Alexbrown0120 Re: Phone System Conundrum - 06/11/13 11:29 AM
A hosted solution is not bad. They have deep pockets or a large number of users at each of the 11 sales locations, it's a no brainer.
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: noob question - 06/17/13 12:04 AM
Hosted? Really? The guy is going to want a stable reliable system that has the features he wants from a company he knows and can trust. That does not sound like hosted to me. Oh yeah add in that the hosted solution will cost him a fortune over the time he is renting it.

Find a good hybrid system that can do both digital and IP, put in an mpls network and your done and no headaches. If your ever tempted to do hosted go to Goggle and type in "problem with hosted telephone systems" and read the sad stories.
Posted By: Rcaman Re: noob question - 06/17/13 12:13 PM
You are passing up a great opportunity to sell a reliable, affordable VOIP system. Hosted systems will eventually eat themselves and become really expensive. If they last, at all. Anyone promising nationwide service at really low prices can't sustain the load. Remember Norvergence?

Rcaman
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help