atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: byhsc installer for the birds - 03/29/05 10:59 AM
I did my research, checked lots of references. I found a company that had been around for years. now, just two months after our installation, all the numbers are disconnected. we are still without full training and with no warranty service! he once posted on this forum back in december, but i don't remember where- how can i find his e-mail here from when he posted? anyone know of Americom Communications or Al Bloom of Chicago? That's who I am looking for....
Posted By: dtmf Re: installer for the birds - 03/29/05 11:04 AM
Do you remember his user name I could get you the info on him if you do. In the mean time i will look at Dec. pots.

Also we would like to find out who this is and take him off the board as we don't want people like that on here. So any info you have on them please relay to us. What system do you have? There are a few top notch techs on this board in your area that would be happy to help and won't let you down.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited March 29, 2005).]
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: installer for the birds - 03/29/05 12:01 PM
What system do you have?
Posted By: paul144 Re: installer for the birds - 03/29/05 12:24 PM
Unfortunately, the fact that a company has been around for a long time does not mean that they will not go out of business. It sounds as though this has happened here. It is unfotunate that you seem to have been left without support. Depending on the system, it is possible that the manufacturer will still honor at least some of the warranty.
If I were you, I would try to get in touch with the manufacturer of your system to find out if there are other authorized companies in your area that can help you.
Posted By: MrGemini Re: installer for the birds - 03/29/05 06:55 PM
Another good reason to purchase from "Certified Dealers"
As Coral Tech asked; What system do you have?
Maybe we can track him or the company down from the manufactures Rep.
We're both in the Chicago area, maybe we can help.

[This message has been edited by MrGemini (edited March 29, 2005).]
Posted By: dwflood Re: installer for the birds - 03/29/05 07:29 PM
I am familiar with Al's situation. If you have a Vodavi system, you can contact us (CSC) at 847-241-5888. We'll be happy to help you.

[This message has been edited by dwflood (edited March 29, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by dwflood (edited March 29, 2005).]
Posted By: byhsc Re: installer for the birds - 03/31/05 11:11 AM
Thanks for your support! His user name on the forum was, I believe, albloom. We have a Vodavi Starplus STS system. We will call Vodavi to see how they will handle our warranty service. meanwhile, we still need some training (Al sets his clients up with three training sessions- we had two, so some things we still need to learn). We'll also need some programming changes which we can do ourselves if we knew how- perhaps Vodavi will tell us how. His compnay name was Americom Communications. We've since learned that he retired on March 1st- just weeks after he sold us this sytem- a real skunk!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help