atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Pinecreekboy Protective box for a wall phone - 08/30/13 05:19 PM
I need a protective box for a wall phone in a gymnasium. So no sharp corners and must be able to withstand a face plant to the box. Obviously doesn't need to be waterproof. What do you recommend? Or is your favorite?
Thanks,
Terry
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Protective box for a wall phone - 08/30/13 05:28 PM
I know that you don't need it to be weather proof, but most phone enclosures are. How about one of these? Not cheap, but it provides pretty much everything that you'll need:

TAKE A LOOK HERE
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Protective box for a wall phone - 08/30/13 05:57 PM
That Viking box is very nice and should do the trick. Probably the most that will happen to it ---is an errant basketball, volleyball or dodgeball.
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: Protective box for a wall phone - 08/30/13 10:45 PM
Why not a recessed box, with a wall phone? Most gyms seem to have all their wall-mounted stuff (thermostats, bleacher controls, fire extinguishers, fire pull boxes, clocks, etc) arranged in recessed niches so they won't get involved in face-plants or other collisions.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Protective box for a wall phone - 08/31/13 01:09 AM
PM sent
Posted By: Pinecreekboy Re: Protective box for a wall phone - 09/05/13 05:28 PM
Thanks for your help everyone. I got waylaid temporarily. Now I've got the time to look at this again. The Viking box looks good--I'm heading out to price it now. Dave, I replied to your PM.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Protective box for a wall phone - 09/05/13 06:07 PM
I'll send pics sometime today...
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Protective box for a wall phone - 09/05/13 07:36 PM
I managed to pick one up on eBay for a whole lot less than the wholesale price. Of course, this might work LOL https://www.ebay.com/itm/DEER-TELEP...es&hash=item4611981911#ht_6615wt_758

Just kidding. My cheapskate Mr. Patel put his pool phone in a TOOLBOX! Hey, it worked.

Carl
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Protective box for a wall phone - 09/05/13 08:58 PM
Carl.....I thought I was the clown here. cheerleader
Posted By: Pinecreekboy Re: Protective box for a wall phone - 09/19/13 04:31 PM
Great suggestion Ed! That box is very well built. And you're right they aren't cheap but when compared to others that I found it was only a bit more expensive.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help