atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Yoda Auxbox on virtual pc - 12/26/13 07:28 PM
Does anyone have any experience with Auxbox call recording devices from Algo Solutions. I have been using their product for several years connected to a Nortel (now Avaya) BCM400.

The Algo software and recording hardware is running on an old pc. I want to move it to a virtual Windows 7 pc on a Hyper-V host. I know that Algo requires the Windows 7 to be x32.

When I plug the Auxbox USB connector in to the Hyper-V host, I see that it loads the drivers, then says my device is ready to use. I find the Auxboxes listed under Sound devices in Device Manager. But when I run the Algo wizard for the virtual Win 7 install, it does not find any recording devices.

How can I get the virtual pc to see the USB Auxbox devices so it will install? Thank you.

Jim
Posted By: Rcaman Re: Auxbox on virtual pc - 12/27/13 01:51 PM
You may need to load the Windows compatibility mode application. I have several older applications that ran fine on XP but refused to load in Win 7. They load and work if the compatibility mode is enabled.

Rcaman
Posted By: nameless Re: Auxbox on virtual pc - 12/28/13 03:48 PM
I'm not familiar with hyper v but with esx(i) you need to tell the host to install the device into the guest OS.

It sounds like you need to-do this, as the hyper v host recognizes the device and loads the drivers, but your guest win 7 os isn't seeing

It would be similar to how you mount a USB drive
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help