atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ChrisRR Intellicall Payphone - 06/20/14 11:41 PM
Does anyone recognize what model and approximate year this beauty is? I've resurrected it from the dead and it functions perfectly, except its not programmed for my area to be local. I would like to get it reprogrammed if anyone knows where I can call to arrange it.
[Linked Image from i34.photobucket.com]
And this is on the Power supply board:
Posted By: Rcaman Re: Intellicall Payphone - 06/21/14 01:12 AM
That's a standard AT&T case with a plastic coin chute and a special coin return relay. The board is like the Ernest boards. You should be able to program the local area and office codes from the touch pad. I don't know if Rates Technology is still in business but they provided the rate tables for almost all of the private pay phones. I imagine someone on this forum has had some experience with the Intellicall.

Rcaman
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Intellicall Payphone - 06/21/14 01:45 AM
I got one in my garage at home:
[Linked Image from i85.photobucket.com]

Google is your friend, just google the make and model to download the manual.
Then you can program it to do what ever you want.
I have mine programed behind an Avaya Partner ACS at our home, which is programed behind our Avaya IP office at work for dial tone. smile
Posted By: ChrisRR Re: Intellicall Payphone - 06/21/14 04:37 AM
It will be behind my ACS as well. Not sure how to make it dial 2 digit icom calls for free but the learning curve is what makes telephony fun for me. aok
Posted By: ChrisRR Re: Intellicall Payphone - 06/21/14 05:34 AM
I can't seem to find anything about this phone. Google turns up zilch. I get the feeling this is one that needs to be dialed into and programmed remotely.
Posted By: ChrisRR Re: Intellicall Payphone - 07/26/14 01:24 AM
Update: For future seekers of Intellicall information, this phone had a board in it dating to the mid to late 80's!! It used an on board 300 baud modem to enable it to be programmed remotely. Turns out that, not only is Intellicall Corp. out of business, nobody who has the required I-net board to reprogram this phone supports the old 300 baud boards. I had to purchase a later model board that has a 1200 baud modem that is still able to be reprogrammed. Even this board was old and required me to replace the soldered in place backup battery. After a 20 minute, yes 20 minute, download the phone is programmed exactly the way I wanted and functions beautifully. Also, for anyone who gets their POTS line through one of those Comcast boxes, modems in general, and these phones especially, do NOT like these fake sources of dial tone. As a phone, it has no problems calling with this kind of line, just the data transfer is difficult. It took somewhere around 7 tries to make it through the whole 20 minute download.
Posted By: ChrisRR Re: Intellicall Payphone - 07/26/14 01:35 AM
Here it is:

Posted By: Aram Re: Intellicall Payphone - 12/18/23 11:48 PM
Hi ChrisRR do you still have the method to re-program an Intellicall Payphone?
I just got one, and I'm looking how to make it work.

By the way, your looks nice in the wall.

Thanks!
heovha
Posted By: dexman Re: Intellicall Payphone - 12/19/23 01:38 AM
Topic is 9+ years old. Locking it down.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help