atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TomR Internal/external paging zones - 04/20/05 10:06 AM
[ SORRY ABOUT THE SUBJECT. THAT WAS FOR ANOTHER GROUP AND ANOTHER QUESTION. :-\ ]

Among our several toll-free numbers that ring to my office, one of them had a call that was billed at nearly 2.5 hours on the phone bill. We rang the caller and he said he only spoke for about 5 minutes.

Question: What's the most likely culprit as to how this call was billed for so long -- the caller didn't hang up? A telco switch? Our Samsung DCS KSU? Other? Thanks.

Tom

[This message has been edited by TomR (edited April 20, 2005).]
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Internal/external paging zones - 04/20/05 12:31 PM
Was it during the Masters? [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
SBC needs to make up some money they spent on ads
Posted By: dtmf Re: Internal/external paging zones - 04/20/05 01:02 PM
Sounds like a computer mishap 2.5 should have been .5 Call them up and complain and they should fix or refund you if you paid it.

About the only thing that would cause it is if it was off hook for that long but it is very doubtful that is the case. But hey it could happen.
Posted By: junkman Re: Internal/external paging zones - 04/20/05 05:58 PM
I'd say it's the telco's fault for not sending disconnect supervision. If the other guy hung up your switch would receive the disconnect signal and hang up too.
Posted By: jwooten Re: Internal/external paging zones - 04/21/05 06:16 AM
If you have several toll free lines targeted to your business, I would suggest connecting/using the smdr function from your system and review on a daily basis. The information it would provide may prove useful in problem resolution. Your vendor can help you in this regard.
Posted By: TomR Re: Internal/external paging zones - 04/21/05 12:09 PM
Thanks for the informed help.

Was it during the Masters? Hmmm. I'll need to check. Maybe it was Dimarco looking for help. :-)
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help