atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: poolfool Sprint Protege - 04/26/05 02:18 PM
I know, I know, 99% of you guys that have ever had to deal with one of these guys hates it. I'm not a big fan either. All I need is a copy of f3f45 software and maybe the Procomm program to communicate with the voicemail. Got this as a trade in on a new install. I am Protege certified (amongst numerous systems, Alcatel,Comdial,Panasonic,Toshiba,AT&T {Lucent/Avaya}Partner and IP Office and even{get this} ITT3100).
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Sprint Protege - 04/26/05 06:26 PM
Don't Protege certified techs have access to a certified site for things such as software? I'm not doubting that you're certified, just wondering.

------------------
[Linked Image from sigcomsys.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA |

| Telephone Systems, Voicemail Syste... & Data Cabling - Central Valley, CA
Posted By: frodo_35 Re: Sprint Protege - 04/27/05 05:40 AM
f3f45 is the programming software.
Posted By: poolfool Re: Sprint Protege - 04/27/05 06:39 AM
That was my old company, and I no longer have access to SPG website. Took this particular Protege in as trade in and want to install at one of my other office locations (you know how it is when the boss comes and asks you if we have any old systems laying around...)
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Sprint Protege - 04/27/05 07:41 AM
I'll take a look next time I'm in the office. I might have that one. I'm not sure right at the moment.

------------------
[Linked Image from sigcomsys.com]

Posted By: frodo_35 Re: Sprint Protege - 04/27/05 08:13 AM
You have mail
Posted By: poolfool Re: Sprint Protege - 04/28/05 06:51 AM
Thank You very much!!
Posted By: fonestop Re: Sprint Protege - 07/24/05 07:56 PM
does anyone know if protege ltx vm card works with procomm DOS version? I do not have a procomm plus verion.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Sprint Protege - 07/24/05 10:20 PM
The ones I've worked with came with Procomm for DOS, I think. That is of course if it is the voicemail that uses terminal emulation (Procomm). I think I have used either. Maybe someone else will correct me if I'm wrong.

------------------
[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Posted By: carnes Re: Sprint Protege - 07/25/05 01:28 PM
terminal emulation tvi950 9600 n,8,1 use the same cable lyou use to connect to the protege.
Posted By: poolfool Re: Sprint Protege - 07/28/05 07:08 AM
to fonestop, is that "L" TX, Protege had 2 cabinet sizes LTX and Mtx (I think) and a flat pack CTX. LTX had more card slots than MTX. I can't remember vmail part number (SVP8 ??) But, it was interchangeable between MTX and LTX you just couldn't put it in any slot had to be in first 4 or 5 slots because of "time slot sharing" and you need a procomm program that shipped with vmail called "voice"
Posted By: walterv Re: Sprint Protege - 07/29/05 07:39 AM
If you have an MTX any slot will work
If you have an LTX then tou cannot use the last 3 slots thes slots are not dual density...
Procom dos or procom plus will work... I also believe you can use MS hyper terminal. The verison of procom that sprint sold was just a waterd down version of procom

Also you can not use a ddei card in the last 3 slots...

Walter
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help