atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: intexx Newbie on the loose - 05/14/05 12:35 PM

[This message has been edited by intexx (edited May 15, 2005).]
Posted By: hbiss Re: Newbie on the loose - 05/14/05 07:41 PM
I have no idea what you mean by a "6 line phone system for 9 rooms" and it sounds like you haven't got a clue either. I assume that you will be using a phone system?

I suggest that you save yourself a lot of aggrevation and get a local company to set this up for you. They can see what you have, what you want to do and what you will need, something we can't tell from here.

-Hal
Posted By: dtmf Re: Newbie on the loose - 05/14/05 07:50 PM
hbiss is correct from what you posted I also have no idea what you are trying to do. If it's a system which make is it, as some use 2 wires and some use 4 and older ones can use 6 or 8. Also if you hook it up wrong you can damage some systems, I would get some help on it.
Posted By: intexx Re: Newbie on the loose - 05/15/05 01:03 AM
Hi, thanks for your reply.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dtmf:
If it's a system which make is it</font>
Hm, not sure I follow you there... could you elaborate?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dtmf:
I would get some help on it.</font>
I'd like to hire it done, but unfortunately I can't.

...Which basically is why I've come here asking the questions for what I'll need to know to do it myself.

Would you mind working with me so we can get on the same working page, so I know how to answer your questions properly?

Thanks,
Jeff

[This message has been edited by Z-man (edited May 15, 2005).]
Posted By: groundstart Re: Newbie on the loose - 05/15/05 04:27 AM
The first thing I would do is remove that website link on your posts, because something like that does not belong on a website like this one here.

The content of its nature is not suitable...
Posted By: BCMguy.com Re: Newbie on the loose - 05/15/05 07:04 AM
Nobody can help until they know what KIND of phone you have (they are NOT all the same). What works for one phone will RUIN another. You need to post the MAKE and MODEL of the phones you have. Then someone might help you (maybe).

------------------
BCM Guy
www.BCMguy.com
Learn more about the Nortel Networks Business Communications Manager HERE !
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Newbie on the loose - 05/15/05 07:13 AM
sounds like he just wants 3 phone lines on a bunch of 6 pin jacks in a residence to plug in some 3 line telephones.
Posted By: intexx Re: Newbie on the loose - 05/15/05 09:32 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by markk:
sounds like he just wants 3 phone lines on a bunch of 6 pin jacks in a residence to plug in some 3 line telephones.</font>

Hi Mark--yes, that's exactly it. Thanks for putting it so simply :-)

Is my diagram correct for that configuration? If not, what do I need to change?

Thanks,
Jeff

Posted By: intexx Re: Newbie on the loose - 05/15/05 09:39 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BCMguy.com:
Nobody can help until they know what KIND of phone you have (they are NOT all the same). What works for one phone will RUIN another. You need to post the MAKE and MODEL of the phones you have. Then someone might help you (maybe).
</font>

The phones aren't purchased--in fact the house isn't even sold yet. There's no way to know which phones are going to go in.

But a 3-line system is pretty standard, isn't it? In fact even if the phones are only 2-line the jacks should still work--they just won't connect to the two outside pins, right?

Is the white plastic panel called an M Block?

Thanks,
Jeff

------------------

Posted By: Test-ok Re: Newbie on the loose - 05/15/05 11:27 AM
Some 2,3 and 4 line (ksu-less) phones wite different, depending if using 2,3 or a 4 pair line cord, if it has intercom. But they are correct. What phone is it?
Back to your question:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">But how to wire this phone panel? </font>
Not much ya do until you get the phones but punch them down on one side of a 66 block and label em.
Posted By: intexx Re: Newbie on the loose - 05/15/05 12:25 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">But they are correct. What phone is it?</font>
Hm, OK, I guess it's not as standard as I thought. That could be a problem, then, since there's no way to know what phones are going in.

But, on second thought, I still should to be able to set it up somwhat generically at the panel, shouldn't I?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">punch them down on one side of a 66 block and label em.</font>
Ah, now we're getting somewhere!

Punch them down how? Like in my diagram, or no?

Is the white plastic panel called an M Block?

Thanks,
Jeff

Posted By: Z-man Re: Newbie on the loose - 05/15/05 02:27 PM
how many rooms have cables? Is it 4 pair cable?
Just punch the cables down in order, blue, orange, green, brown, and cross connect your phones as need. It will depend on the type of system to get installed as to what your cross connects are.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help