atcomsystems.ca/forum
For about three years I've been selling hosted voip systems where all I do is sell the phones and I'm happy with the monthly commissions, don't care about the service calls, I'm 71.

I'm looking for a back up provider, most everyone is looking to charge by the phone every month but I have a lot of people who get 3 or 4 dial tones at $30 and then hang a dozen or twenty phones on them just as if this was the good old days of selling phone systems.

I'd be happy to hear from anyone who is selling voip by the dial tone. Thanks, Bracha
Are you talking SIP trunks
We would sell more SIP if you actually saved money. You don't here. Hell, we were using SIP lines 15 years ago and went back to POTS a couple years back, were you?
We get trunks through Digium. You can go with a flat monthly rate, or pay by the minute. We go by the minute for lines that don't get much use.
My first choice for IP trunks is ISP provided SIP trunks. But, as others have pointed out, this can be as expensive as POTS or PRI, so there's not an advantage (except maybe making DID's available to smaller customers).

If you are looking for something pretty cheap, have a look at Vitelity. Just about anyone can become a reseller, and they do provide you with a customizable LNP request portal you can put your logo on. Full disclosure, I have not used their services in a business setting. However, at home, I have 4 DID's, 8 channels, and pay less that I would for one POTS line. So far it's been very reliable and support has been better than I expected for the price. One possible big drawback though is that everything is prepaid. You can certainly post bill customers, but you have to pay up front. They do, however, have an option to automatically add funds from a card when the balance is low.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help