atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dukane123 Hall Audio Transceiver - 11/11/16 08:41 PM
Hello -

There is an event hall in my area that has a sound mixer/amplifier set up for events they hold. They have a ceiling-mount projector that has a VGA input, wired to a wall jack.

Currently, there are no RCA or 1/8" audio connections from the wall to the sound system, but at least one is needed. The sound control room is located at the back of the hall, and the projector at the front, so there doesn't seem to be an easy way to run a cable all the way down.

Is there an audio transmitter/receiver set that can be set up between the front and the sound room, so that a wire doesn't need to be run?

Thank you
Matteo
Posted By: hbiss Re: Hall Audio Transceiver - 11/12/16 12:00 AM
Nothing specifically made for that application but certainly a wireless mic transmitter and receiver will do the trick. Something like this.

Thing is these days you are going to have to coordinate the frequencies you will be able to use and I don't know how it is in Canada. Use their Frequency band Estimator under TOOLS at he bottom of the description page.

-Hal
Posted By: dukane123 Re: Hall Audio Transceiver - 11/12/16 02:49 AM
Thank you!

Matteo
Posted By: jknichols Re: Hall Audio Transceiver - 11/16/16 06:24 PM
I work with the sound systems at my church. As Hal said, I use one of our wireless bodypacks that had a 1/4 inch cable intended for use with a guitar. this is then plugged into an XLR adapter and finally a "RapcoHorizon LTIBLOX" adapter which plugs int the headphone jack with a volume control on the "BLOX".

I actually used the LTIBLOX and its sister TDI-1 which has RCA inputs with hardwired Mike cables before I discovered that I could us it with the wireless pack - much less hassle than stringing and taping down cables every other week.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help