atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Yoda Dry Contact Interface - 11/16/16 04:21 AM
I've used the Wheelock DCI-24-24 dry contact interface for installations that needed a 24 volt bell to ring with a contact closure. I've used these for years, but it was years ago. I find that they've been discontinued for a while now. For those repair/replacement calls, I find one on ebay when I need it.

But what do you use today on an install with a 24 volt signal requirement? I'm going to be replacing a system that has a few of these bells and would like to freshen up the DCI connections. Would rather not have to change out bells.

Thanks.
Jim
Posted By: hbiss Re: Dry Contact Interface - 11/16/16 06:01 PM
Take a look to see what Sandman has to offer.

-Hal
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Dry Contact Interface - 11/17/16 01:11 AM
The Valcom V-9955 will provide three dry-contact relays and can be expanded using a V-9957, but you have to provide your own 24DC power source.
Posted By: Rcaman Re: Dry Contact Interface - 11/17/16 03:22 PM
Altronix RB610. The relays come 6 on a perf board that can be separated so you only have to use one. Very reliable.

Look Here

Rcaman
Posted By: Yoda Re: Dry Contact Interface - 11/17/16 08:00 PM
Thanks guys.
Will still need a power supply and enclosure for most of these.

The Wheelock unit was so handy. Are 24 volt bells not used much anymore? Or why are these relay/pwr supply not available?

What do you use for extra ringers, etc.?
Posted By: Rcaman Re: Dry Contact Interface - 11/24/16 11:55 PM
Viking Electronics K600F or PA-2A depending on the situation. Easy installation and no bells with which to be concerned.

Rcaman
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Dry Contact Interface - 11/30/16 08:43 AM
24-volt bells were never popular. Manufacturers only made them because phone system manufacturers didn't use relay contacts rated for traditional ringing voltage (+/- 105 VAC). I can say with certainty that I never installed one in my 30+ years of experience.

You can get 24 volt DC power supplies from the following manufacturers all day to work with slave relays. Any manufacturer's power supply is compatible in this environment.

VALCOM MAKES A BUNCH OF THEM HERE

BOGEN HAS PLENTY TOO
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help