atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Keep Which forum for VOIP system recommendations? - 02/14/17 06:41 PM
Hello folks,

We have outgrown a Cisco UC560 and are looking for suggestions on a replacement, which forum would be best to get into some specifics?

Thanks
We do a lot of Hosted.
Replacing Cisco sometimes allows you to keep your Cisco phones depending on what you have.
Hosted Cisco works well.
I was not sure it was ok to get into specifics in the general forum for this, but okay.

We looked into hosted solution, but with 120 (and growing) exts spread out over 20+ locations the costs were out to lunch. Most places we looked at seemed to want $30+ a month per ext.

We were looking at the Cisco BE6K, since I am familiar with Cisco and we can reuse 50% of our handsets.

We also had a couple Avaya folks come out with the IP Office, but with the recent chap 11 filing, higher ups are scared to go that direction.

So I am here asking for suggestions from the folks that do this for a living.
Here are our requirements, which truly are not that complex.

Current:
UC560 on PRI
107 handsets
140+ ext with voicemail
3 level Auto attendant
22 locations

Near future:
??
120 Ext
150 vm boxes
More use of UC features such as vm to email and outlook integration.
4 level auto attendant
24 locations

Expected growth is around 20% a year, though we planned for 50% the first round and promptly blew it out of the water. So I want a system that will scale with us no matter how large we get, though if we hit the 300 mark....it will be someone elses problem!
From what I understand the Avaya IPO will be discontinued shortly, probably when inventory is exhausted. Avaya will be getting out of the hardware business.

-Hal
Look into NEC. In that size range they are the major player and is scaleable.
Look into Shoretel as well
As per your needs, Hosted is the way to go.
If you need some recommemdations I can make them

I am open to any and all recommendations at this point, got burned last time with the "Sure it will do all you ask".

As for Shoretel and NEC any models or should I depend on the saleman?

For the hosted, yes I would be up for some info.
For that size you are probably looking at an NEC SV9100. NEC also has hosted available that also works with their equipment. But seriously that many remote phones most hosted is so expensive and so limited. Make sure you write down what you need in its entirety and get a demo. I have sold many systems from demo alone showing their applications for it. Not all IP phone systems are the same and I wouldn't discount hybrid solutions because they can most certainly do a much better job especially if you have analog lines for fax machines etc. Installing company is probably most important as well as how many dealers are in area in case something goes south in relationship.
You basically described the target audience for the Mitel HX / Office 250 platform.
Thanks,

You are certainly correct on the installing company being the most important feature, you were around for my UC560 install and all the issues we had with the installer. Won't happen again that is for sure.

I will continue searching, the NEC looks promising, now just to find a company up here that installs them.

Originally Posted by DND ON
You basically described the target audience for the Mitel HX / Office 250 platform.

Added to the list, thanks
PM sent
Originally Posted by Keep
Thanks,

you were around for my UC560 install and all the issues we had with the installer.

Hard to imagine you went through all of that and it will only be in place 5 years!

Definitely look at Shoretel - if you go to their site there are a number of Gold Partners very close to you. PremCom does the Buffalo Bills and has a presence in Canada.
Originally Posted by upstateny
Originally Posted by Keep
Thanks,

you were around for my UC560 install and all the issues we had with the installer.

Hard to imagine you went through all of that and it will only be in place 5 years!

Definitely look at Shoretel - if you go to their site there are a number of Gold Partners very close to you. PremCom does the Buffalo Bills and has a presence in Canada.

Yeah no kidding, it was more the unexpected growth that did it more than anything. Planned for 50% ended up around 300% and still growing just at a slower pace.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help