atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: John807 Here's a hack I haven't seen, until now. - 04/03/17 09:27 PM
Greetings,
To use certain features on voicemail the client opted not to have International service from their carrier on their PRI. They got a call from At&t fraud and their carrier about suspected fraudulent international calls. At&t believes their PIC code was used. The client asked me why their carrier would allow a PIC code to be dialed, and why At&t would allow the calls with out them having an account? Thoughts?
Ummm...sure, I have thoughts.

AT&T are imbeciles, crooks and devoted to furthering their cellular-based racket, to the exclusion of any cogent or responsible action on behalf of their other subscribers.
Posted By: dexman Re: Here's a hack I haven't seen, until now. - 04/04/17 12:33 AM
IXCs may allow casual dialing up to a certain point before blocking an ANI.

If arrangements are in place, the LEC would bill the end user on behalf of the IXC.
Your lec may use AT&T to process some calls.
As far as. Pic code, I don't think a lec can block that.
Your pbx has to.
Posted By: John807 Re: Here's a hack I haven't seen, until now. - 04/04/17 12:56 AM
In English piease. The client said no International calls. They had no arrangement with At&t for international calls so why did their carriar and At&t allow them through? And why do both of them think I'm on the hook for the calls? BTW the client doesn't believe it and their legal is involved.
Posted By: dexman Re: Here's a hack I haven't seen, until now. - 04/04/17 12:57 AM
The IDDD blocking would, likely, occur in the IXC's switch as opposed to the LEC's switch.

Because at&t has no association with the end user, there would be no restrictions on the customer's ANI in at&t's IXC switch.
What make of phone system does the customer have? Does it use ARS?
Posted By: John807 Re: Here's a hack I haven't seen, until now. - 04/04/17 01:19 AM
It is an old Norstar 0x32. I had forwarned them years ago this could happen based on what they wanted to do. They said their carrier would allow no International calls. I looked at the restriction table on the mail ports and I'm restrocting 0 and 1. I put the restriction table on the sets and couldn't get out where they got by placing the restrictions on a set. How did they do it? I have my guess.
Who is the carrier and who choose the carrier
They either prefixed the international number with 1010288 to get to AT&T, or they prefixed 1-800-225-5277 to do the same.

Block 101XXX, and block 1800/1888/1877/etc for the voicemail ports
Posted By: John807 Re: Here's a hack I haven't seen, until now. - 04/04/17 12:25 PM
Earthlink is the carrier and the client chose them. The voicemail ports are now locked down only allowing the specific numbers they need allowed to go out.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help