atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: chrislebeck tadiran coral flexicom 5000 questions - 06/08/05 05:43 PM
got a few questions (shoot me an email if needed because of passwords etc)

a>how do i get into programming? certain port i need to be on?
b>i need to get a list of ports/exts. how can i go about that?
c>station names?
d>ring groups (if available)?
e>feature codes?
------------------------------------------
the background........
removing this system at a resort and need to gather all of the info i can so it can match the new samsung idcs500 system i'm putting in and not have the customer remember all new numbering etc.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: tadiran coral flexicom 5000 questions - 06/09/05 07:58 AM
If the previous vendor didn't give you the passwords you will have to call Tadiran and fill out some paperwork to get the passwords reset. Their number is 516-632-7200.

Port listing is PLIS from the command prompt. Just follow it. Depending on the system setup usually shelves are either set on shelf 0 then 4 followed by slot number then by port. Being this is a dual bus system the bloacks are seperated on numbering plan.

Rings groups are BOSS.

You can always type HELP at a prompt to get the terms.

Feature codes you will need a manual and go into the NPL. Numbering PLan.

Just as a side note why would they replace the 5000 with a Samsung? Seems odd.
up the hill is the admin buildings on a seperate system. they used to have a samsung dcs. we replaced it with a 500 several months back. they also upgraded to a pri (which is going to pay for the system in 6 months because their ld was over $10k. got them a flat rate with sbc)

now this one wanted to be like the other and they wanted to network the 2 together via fiber (using t1 to fiber converters) and be able to call back & forth without tying up lines. about 1600' between the 2 systems.

plus they weren't happy with the people who were taking care of it (they had to drive 3 hours from dallas).

this same resort also has other locations all over the country. we will probably end up putting in 500's and tying those together as well via ip.

[This message has been edited by chrislebeck (edited June 09, 2005).]
how do i get into programming? sounds like a terminal or a pc?!
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: tadiran coral flexicom 5000 questions - 06/09/05 06:07 PM
Yep, on the serial port. 9600 baud 8 n 1 if they didn't change it. I was just wondering because the Coral is a big time networking systm. IP and traditional..fiber shelves also. Just thought it strange to goto a smaller system thats all.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help