atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ronaldjamesh BROTHER Orange PT Series Label printers - 10/31/17 05:38 PM
Hello, Can anyone give recommendations on the Newer Orange Brother Cabling Label Makers?
These would be the models: PT-E100, PT-E300, PT-E500 ans PT-E550.
Looking to get a New label machine for faceplate numbering, cable marking and general label making.
It looks like they use the same cartridges that a lot of the other Brother machines use.
For the Telecom Industry, wondering if these work better than the Rhino 6000 model I have read good things about.
Thanks!
We have used Brothers for years. Never failed us.
I own several PT label makers, all using TZ tapes. The "go to" one that I use everyday is the PT-1400. It will accept tapes up to 1", uses 6 AA batteries and gives pretty long life. I own 3 of those. The orange ones I got on the bLeading edge is the PT-7600 with a USB port. It requires some sort of degree to operate and can make those panel labels with 6 or 9mm tapes. Panel labels are a PITA if you don't take the time to RTFM and measure the widths. I happen to have 3 of those, one actually has working rechargeable batteries, but again 6 AA's work just fine. It also makes tapes to 1". The last beauty was a "steal". I got a used PT-550 for about $40! It prints 1.5" tapes.

All in all, in my collection, I bought 1 new 7600 and one new 1400. All the rest cost me less than $60 each.

Carl
Carl, Are you Happy with the PT-550?? Is it the new style PT-E550 orange one?
No! The PT-550 I got is a very special old style label maker, not the new E-550W. https://www.cnet.com/products/brother-p-touch-pt-550-labelmaker/

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help