atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: John807 Altice interesting stuff - 01/16/18 03:04 AM
One of our old clients went hosted with Altice. Instead of onsite ATA's they provided a dial tone to interface to a UTI 1 for paging and then told the client they can provide another dial tone tied to a group for nite ringing but they don't do nite ring equipment? Anybody else running into this?
Thanks
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Altice interesting stuff - 01/16/18 05:48 AM
That's typical for hosted providers. They don't know anything about ancillary devices, such as loud bells or paging. Your best bet is to try one of these based upon what they've said they will provide. At least you can make a little bit of money and give your customer what they need. The link below will provide you with the PDF installation manual for it that will show you what it offers:

VIKING PA-15 PAGING UNIT W/ LOUD BELL INTERFACE
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Altice interesting stuff - 01/18/18 03:15 AM
Never heard of Altice.
should not be a problem doing what the customer wants but have the Hosted provider tell you what needs to be done .
Posted By: John807 Re: Altice interesting stuff - 01/18/18 03:27 AM
It was real simple which is why I couldn't understand why they didn't do it. They provided an anslog dialtone that would ring when the group was called. They provided a Bogen UTI 1 and connected a dial tone to it and connected to the customers Valcom self amplified paging. All I needed to do was install a Viking LBD 2 to convert the ringing line to a relay contact and connect to the UTI 1 Night Ring port. It works wonderfully.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Altice interesting stuff - 01/18/18 04:07 AM
Originally Posted by hitechcomm
Never heard of Altice.

It's a French company that bought Cablevision from the Dolans. I have nothing good to say about them.

-Hal
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Altice interesting stuff - 01/18/18 03:54 PM
Now I know them.
We sell Cablevision, but never their Hosted
Posted By: John807 Re: Altice interesting stuff - 01/18/18 05:01 PM
I'm not sure what their hosted deal is? This client has a main location and a retail location a couple of towns over and they couldn't get phones to work in the remote location so that location went back to a key system I installed years ago.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Altice interesting stuff - 01/18/18 09:46 PM
I've not seen them using the Altice moniker for anything other than being the parent company of Cablevision. Makes sense that they might want to use it for their hosted services. Who would buy a service like that from Cablevision?

Did the tech show up in a Cablevision truck?

-Hal
Posted By: John807 Re: Altice interesting stuff - 01/19/18 08:52 PM
I'm not sure I came back after the install. I was told Vonage sold them hosted first and then within a month they flipped to Altice (Cablevision).
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help