atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ibluto On Hold Plus - 03/29/18 05:55 AM
I am looking for a copy of the message studio software that came with the older on hold plus devices. Seem to have misplaced mine and customer wants to change the on hold music. Manufacturer only has version 5 software for the latest on hold plus 8000 hardware. Looking for something like version 3. Thanks.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: On Hold Plus - 03/29/18 04:42 PM
Let me dig in my archives...I haven't used it since the 1990's.
Posted By: hbiss Re: On Hold Plus - 03/29/18 09:03 PM
Geeze, who the heck want's that in this day and age. For less than $100 bucks tell them to break down and get a new player that uses a USB drive that you can put .mp3 files on from anywhere.

-Hal
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: On Hold Plus - 03/29/18 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by hbiss
Geeze, who the heck want's that in this day and age. For less than $100 bucks tell them to break down and get a new player that uses a USB drive that you can put .mp3 files on from anywhere.

-Hal
...and of course Hal is referring to royalty-free music.
Posted By: hbiss Re: On Hold Plus - 03/29/18 11:02 PM
Yes! That's an important point.

-Hal
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: On Hold Plus - 03/30/18 12:45 AM
What Hal said.
Posted By: skip555 Re: On Hold Plus - 03/30/18 02:22 AM

-Hal

message studio lets you record your own , comes with royalty free music of different genres and pre-recorded male / female voices " than you for holding " ETC. Plus you can add your own voice and message then upload to a USB flash drive .

I may have some message studio CD's around , I'm heading out for the weekend I'll check first part of the week and let you know
Posted By: hbiss Re: On Hold Plus - 03/30/18 03:00 AM
Why bother? Check HERE

And I've never heard of anybody doing their own MOH voiceover. Only word to describe it would be horrible.

-Hal
Posted By: newtecky Re: On Hold Plus - 03/30/18 05:19 AM
Why bother? Check HERE

And I've never heard of anybody doing their own MOH voiceover. Only word to describe it would be horrible.

-Hal

I like to have a few music files around for when some customers need a quick change. Now I have a couple more. Thanks for the link. The MOH players we get already come with some generic samples.

I did a on hold music for one customer. They sent me audio recorded by one of their employees and I got some royalty free music to mix it in, but normally I would recommend a professional do all the prompts and music. Overall it sounded pretty good, but you can usually tell when a professional voice talent does the recordings.

One of my secrete tips,look through https://www.fiverr.com and search for voice over talents. I used them for my brother's new company IVR. Sounded great for $5.00. Looking at the site again it looks like most talents are a bit more the $5.00, but I bet you can find some good voice talents at reasonable rates.
Posted By: hbiss Re: On Hold Plus - 03/30/18 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by newtecky
One of my secrete tips,look through https://www.fiverr.com and search for voice over talents. I used them for my brother's new company IVR. Sounded great for $5.00. Looking at the site again it looks like most talents are a bit more the $5.00, but I bet you can find some good voice talents at reasonable rates.

It's so easy for those guys to do voiceovers these days. They don't even have to get dressed. Most do them from their home with recording gear that is cheap and easy. Read your emails, record the script, attach the .mp3 to the reply, collect $5. Heck, if I had the voice I once had I wouldn't mind sitting in my bed room making $5 for five minutes work several hours each day.

Point is it doesn't pay to roll your own anymore.

-Hal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help