atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Yoda Recording a sermon - 06/13/18 02:43 PM
I've been asked to help with getting a weekly sermon recorded and ready for uploading to the internet.

I've found Tape Out left and right RCA connections on the sound system. My research so far shows that I could use this to feed a computer line in jack and record with some free software called Audacity. The post processing would involve saving the recording to an MP3 file and handing off to the web page folks. However, current computers might not have the line in jack anymore?

Is there a way to do this without a computer? A simple device? Simple will be better in this case!

Thank.
Jim
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Recording a sermon - 06/13/18 03:21 PM
I record directly to a Tascam CD-RW900 in case someone wants a copy at the close of the service (separate dedicated high speed CD/DVD duplicator, 1 source with 3 target drives). If it is going to get uploaded, we just rip the CD to mp3, no post processing.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Recording a sermon - 06/13/18 03:23 PM
The computer is probably your best bet. I have an Ipad with a PreSonus Audiobox iTwo that has two inputs for Mic or or Line and it records directly to my iDevice. The software from Tascam was free, the Presonus about $100, and Audacity was free. That same $100 will get you a USB box that does the same thing. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=presonus+audiobox&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Apresonus+audiobox

You may see this at typical retail stores, I got mine at Guitar Center. It will come with software.

Carl
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Recording a sermon - 06/13/18 03:32 PM
Have you tried connecting tape out to the input on an MP3 player?
Posted By: jknichols Re: Recording a sermon - 06/13/18 04:06 PM
Google "MP3 Recorder" - Basically a personal MP3 player with record capabilities.
Most come with built-in microphones, I did see several that also have Line-In.

Haven't used one myself, so I can't reccomend anything specific.
Posted By: dexman Re: Recording a sermon - 06/13/18 06:36 PM
I record my Church's services onto CD-R disks using a Tascam deck. The minister wanted to be able to put his sermons onto the Church's website. Years later, I'm still waiting for that to happen. crazy
Posted By: charlesp Re: Recording a sermon - 06/29/18 04:20 PM
We have a Zoom H4 (old, but it keeps working) connected to one of the outputs of our mixer.
Now we also feed a video camera, so that is the main recording. Years back I was just doing audio with the H4.

The H4 recorded directly to mp3 onto an SD card. It could record direct to computer, but the 2 main computers were busy with many other functions (powerpoints and stuff). So after the sermon was over we copied the mp3 file onto the pc.
From there I got an app for the pc, I think it was called "right-click upload". That allowed me to pre set parameters to our webpage and right click the file and have it automatically uploaded onto the web site.
Again, this was years ago, but we still use the H4 for back up audio. Once we forgot to plug in the audio to the camera and later used the backup and re-sync'd it to the video.

There are many other units better than the H4 now, but we liked having it record to an SD card so it was not dependent on the pc.

Now with video, we already had a guy who was putting videos onto a Vimeo page. I got a plugin for our website that automatically grabs the latest vimeo file from that account and displays it on our site. ...Anything to make life easier.

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help